Prices On New Trucks

JanAndBill

Is it my imagination or have the prices on new trucks skyrocketed in the past few months?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Haven't been checking but if they have it may have something to do with all the fake $$$$$$$ around. Wheel Barrel full of money to buy a loaf of bread sound familiar????

MCTalley

I haven't priced anything recently, myself. We bought our '13 when the '14's were coming out, so we got a sweet deal on it.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We got our new '14 for a little over $9k off of list about 6 weeks ago but still ......

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I won't be truck shopping until next year . . .

Hopefully I'll have more of that fake money! :D

JanAndBill

It's hard to tell with all the discounts, rebate offers and such, but it appears that the MSRP's at least are up over 10% or more.

Kbvols

I recently bought a new 2014 Chevy duramax I previously had a 2001 which I bought new and still have the window sticker. The two trucks are almost identical except the 14 has leather interior vs cloth in the 01. The sticker price on the 14 is $12,300 higher than the 01 approx 20% increase over 12 years.

pegmikef

Not pushing a particular brand because I feel they are all good, but if anyone is looking at Ford, make sure you check to see if you are eligible for the Ford partners X plan. I used my DAV membership to get it and it saved me around 8 to 9 k off my F350. This is on top of any dealer incentives and other savings programs that might be in effect (e.g., 1 k savings if you Ford Credit for financing). On the credit for Ford financing, you only have to make three payments then you can find other cheaper financing. Here's a list of who is eligible for the program. Oh yeah, the discounts shown on the site for a particular vehicle aren't always correct. You have to check with the dealer (my savings were about twice what the site showed.)

https://pictures.dealer.com/fuccillofordeast/35b503cd0a0d028a013d72544b56c6a1.pdf

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
And GM is offering a discount to military active, retired and vets for the month of May.

JanAndBill

I recently bought a new 2014 Chevy duramax I previously had a 2001 which I bought new and still have the window sticker. The two trucks are almost identical except the 14 has leather interior vs cloth in the 01. The sticker price on the 14 is $12,300 higher than the 01 approx 20% increase over 12 years.

I think the majority of the jump has been between the 2014 and 2015 year models. We were looking at trading in 2013 but elected to do some major upgrades to our existing truck and run it for awhile. While new prices were high, they were not anywhere near what they are for the 2015's. Just did a build and price on Ford's website for a 2015 with the same equipment as ours now, and got an MSRP of $63,000.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
About the only thing my 2009 GMC doesn't have that the newer ones do is the turbo brake. If I feel I need it, I can add the Banks Speed Brake to it and get the same effect. And I don't have to worry about DEF.

MCTalley

I think the majority of the jump has been between the 2014 and 2015 year models. We were looking at trading in 2013 but elected to do some major upgrades to our existing truck and run it for awhile. While new prices were high, they were not anywhere near what they are for the 2015's. Just did a build and price on Ford's website for a 2015 with the same equipment as ours now, and got an MSRP of $63,000.

I might take my '13 window sticker and build a '15 on the website and compare.

Just did that. A 2015 would be $1,855 more ($61,965) than the sticker on my 2013 ($60,110) with same options and destination (Atlanta). $200 of the difference was in a higher destination charge. The rest of the difference was in the base price. Option packages were all the same prices.

For the record, we paid $48,988 plus taxes and tags for ours.

rbev2308

Just purchased a 2014 Ford F-350 CC DRW LB with Diesel. Got the loaded version (Lariat) which had $67K MSRP. With current rebates and incentives and knowing my sales mgr, got for $57K...Basically cost minus the rebates. I had searched used for about 6 months. Everyone wanted low to mid 50's for 2013 and high 40's for older. Two weeks after I purchase, find local truck exactly the same as mine for $45K. Was 2011 with 9K miles. Th 2015 Fords are gonna cost a little more and not have any real rebates for some time. They boast their tweaking of Diesel to get even more torque and HP which in my opinion is insane as the 2014 I have is more truck than I will ever need.

rbev2308

On the credit for Ford financing, you only have to make three payments then you can find other cheaper financing.

That is a complete sales gimmick as I have a friend who is a commercial sales mgr at Ford. I just purchased within the last month and took the extra 1K and their financing and had my bank pay off the loan before I got a statement. I went into that Ford account and sent them an email asking if I would be penalized and was told no. It is not written anywhere within any contract. They would just like for you to keep the loan active for 3 payments as payment #1 is about 45-60 days away and then the 3 kick in. They recoup almost half of the 1K just from the interest alone and most people keep it. I just liked my banks 1.59% better...

Last edited by a moderator:

JanAndBill

Malcolm I don't remember did you buy at the end of the model year? It would be less confusing if they dropped their MSRP's down and did away with all the discounts. I guess they do it to make it more difficult for the competition to figure their price.

pegmikef

That is a complete sales gimmick as I have a friend who is a commercial sales mgr at Ford. I just purchased within the last month and took the extra 1K and their financing and had my bank pay off the loan before I got a statement. I went into that Ford account and sent them an email asking if I would be penalized and was told no. It is not written anywhere within any contract. They would just like for you to keep the loan active for 3 payments as payment #1 is about 45-60 days away and then the 3 kick in. They recoup almost half of the 1K just from the interest alone and most people keep it. I just liked my banks 1.59% better...

Yeah, I knew that, but I always tell them when I want the payment to start so it is only about twenty days and I just make the payments as a courtesy. I figured the difference in interest for the three months and it was not that significant (5.9 vs 1.99) for the short period. Between the rebates, the X plan, and the xtra 1k, I walked away almost 16 k under MSRP for my loaded King Ranch Dually, so I was happy.

MCTalley

Malcolm I don't remember did you buy at the end of the model year? It would be less confusing if they dropped their MSRP's down and did away with all the discounts. I guess they do it to make it more difficult for the competition to figure their price.

Yes we did. Purchased in mid-September of 2013 when the 2014's were moving onto the lots (or were already there - can't remember exactly). The 2015 is an early model year, so I might expect some discounts on 2014's.

MCTalley

Deals are out there. Here is a new 2014 that is almost a spittin' image of our 2013 with the addition of two-tone paint. Asking price is $51k. (I know you guys are probably shopping for a 4x4 and this one is a 4x2).

Click Here

We found ours by occasionally treading through the vehicles on Autotrader.com within a 200 mile radius of home. We ended up buying ours in Atlanta.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I looked at GM trucks for about 3 years before I bought. They were about the same from 2011 to 2014. With all the goodies they were about 60K +/-. When I bought mine I did how ever get the GM employee price. Sticker was $59K....got it for $53K. BTW. I was not going to pay $2500 for a nav radio. My $170 Tom Tom works just fine.

I did go with a fellow HL owner to look at Fords...nice trucks but, they seemed to be about $2-3K more....truck to truck in equipment.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
When I was discharged from the Navy in July of 1966 I went to Denver CO and bought a 1966 Ford 3/4 ton camper special for my Dad. Drove it out of the dealership to home near Casper Wy. Sold it when I went fulltime in 2007. The truck cost $3,000 cash. 4 speed granny, 352cu engine. No air-condition didn't need it in Wyoming. It was still running when I got rid of it.

BC