Grand Canyon

Just order a 2006 Landmark Grand Canyon, I was wondering if anyone has any problems with freezing of water system in -25C to -30C weather as we leave from Saskatchewan in Jan for Az. Our current trailer we have no problems.Also would appreciate any comments on Landmark trailers and what to look for on delivery of trailer.

jbeletti

Ray,

This is not meant to be a comprehensive list, but here's some quick Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI) advice:

1. Have the dealer plug you into electricity. At least 30 amp. Water too. Half fresh water tank and city water hooked up. Cable TV if they have it.

2. Check all systems (plumbing, electrical, entertainment, hydraulics, LP etc.), all appliances, all options, all items.

If you ordered a washer/dryer, run it through a full cycle. Do this as soon as you get in the trailer. Careful to check the hose connections at both ends of the W/D. Mine were swapped. It makes a difference (a real leaky difference).

Take a friend with you that knows RVs. I took Jeff and he has a sharp eye. It really made a difference for me. I think I was too giddy to be as critical as I would have been alone.

Ask your dealer to fix, adjust, repair anything you feel is not right. Anything that they cannot take care of or do not wish to take care of, have it documented on the delivery paperwork they want you to sign or hand write your own list and both you and the dealer sign/date as an aknowledgement.

Both the dealer and the factory want you to be happy - that's how they stay in business. Make sure they both make you very happy.

There are many PDI lists floating around the Internet. A few people have good ones posted on the RV.NET forums.

Best of luck to you and let us know how delivery goes and your first impressions of your unit.

Jim