New guy with new trailer

fireguy84

Hey all,
New to the forum and thought I would say hello. Just purchased a 2014 trail runner 29fqbs that I pick it up next monday.... we are very excited to get out with it. We are not new to rving, but looking fwd to learning a few things here. Anyway, looking fwd to seeing you around and picking your brains from time to time. Thanks in advance!

jimtoo

Hi fireguy84,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

When you go to pickup you new Trail Runner,,, do a very slow, through PDI. Then take it out and have a ball. The Heartland family is here to help or answer questions when we can.

Please think of joining the Heartland Owners Club and attending rallies when you can. You will meet lots of great folks.

Jim M

fireguy84

Thanks jim!

The dealer says they seta couple hours aside for the pdi and hookup... so I'm hoping that means very slow and detailed. Getting very excited here

jimtoo

Just make sure it is hooked up to water and electric so you can check everything and take your time... 3-4 hours if necessary. Just make sure your happy with it before you sign that check.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Hi fireguy84,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all twilling to share their knowledge when needed.

When you go to pickup you new Trail Runner,,, do a very slow, through PDI. Then take it out and have a ball. The Heartland family is here to help or answer questions when we can.

Please think of joining the Heartland Owners Club and attending rallies when you can. You will meet lots of great folks.

Jim M

Use a check list to keep track of checking everything. Check the freshwater tank in addition to water hookups too.
Carefully check the tires for any damage or scratches etc.

oldmannj

Here's a suggestion I wish I had seen beforehand from in here. Video tape your PDI for future reference. I was certain I had it all down pat....right up until the time to take it out for the first time. LOL. ED. :angel:

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
Here's a suggestion I wish I had seen beforehand from in here. Video tape your PDI for future reference. I was certain I had it all down pat....right up until the time to take it out for the first time. LOL. ED. :angel:
Great suggestion! Don't be like the guy I sold my previous camper to. He videoed it, but didn't watch it later. The guy was very nice and I did a very detailed walk through with him. I even set up the WDH for him on his TV. Two weeks later after his first trip with the his family he called me up to tell me how much they liked the camper. Everything except the cold showers. He couldn't get the water heater to work. I asked him if he remembered to de-winterize the water heater (Which I explained in detail). "Oh $#1+!!!!" was his response!. Fortunately it only cost him an electric heating element. Most importantly have fun with your new rig!

jimtoo

Here you go fireguy84,

Link to PDI by John Morgan, a Heartland Family member. Long, but very good.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/5322-Pre-Delivery-Inspection?highlight=pdi

Jim M

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Come to the Iowa chapter rally and meet other heartland owners. Ask you questions in person someone will most likely be able to help you.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...0-2014-to-6-22-2014/page3?p=338988#post338988

You could go to any other Heartland rally too.