window shelf for Harley the dog in couch slide of Cyclone 3100

Miltp920

Our Yorkie likes to sit on top of couch looking out window. I wanted to fill in the gap between couch and window. I had some 1x3 and the bride had a doggie blanket to drape over the raw wood to match the couch...pretty close. Now the dog has better footing when he crawls up by the window. Could also double as a beverage shelf. Used a 90 degree angle bracket to attach shelf to window treatment, added a leg in middle for stability. The blanket drapes over the board a good 8 inches on each side, so when the recliners are reclined, it still looks good. Both recliners have enough clearance to fully lounge.

Attachments

• 2124-1.jpg
    2124-1.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 2125-1.jpg
    2125-1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 2123-1.jpg
    2123-1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 2127-1.jpg
    2127-1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 86

VKTalley

That looks nice! Happy and safe puppy! Our kitty love looking out the window from the back of my recliner.

dbbls59

That is our dog's favorite place to lay also. I just may have to make a "Daisy" shelf for her also. Thanks for the post.

DonnyB007

image.jpg
Our Yorkie likes to sit on top of couch looking out window. I wanted to fill in the gap between couch and window. I had some 1x3 and the bride had a doggie blanket to drape over the raw wood to match the couch...pretty close. Now the dog has better footing when he crawls up by the window. Could also double as a beverage shelf. Used a 90 degree angle bracket to attach shelf to window treatment, added a leg in middle for stability. The blanket drapes over the board a good 8 inches on each side, so when the recliners are reclined, it still looks good. Both recliners have enough clearance to fully lounge.

i kind if did the same thing you did about 4 months ago. My two dogs just loved looking out the window, but they were wrecking the couch. So I screwed a 3/4" piece of plywood covered with leather to match our couch. Then my wife threw on a blanket and the dogs were in heaven! Anytime we come home, the two kids are in the front window on their new perch.

i see my picture got inserted above the quote. The plywood perch on our love seat is under that blue blanket :)