Convection Oven

We are new to the RV world and the world of convection ovens. Does anyone have some recipes that they love to cook in the convection oven? Desserts? Main dishes? Etc.? Thanks so much!

Donna and Larry
Bighorn 3260EL

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello and welcome to the forum. Lots of great information here.
One thing I would suggest is that you verify that the temperature in the oven is what you set it at. I have heard of some that were pretty far off.
One of my favorite things in the morning is fresh baked bread and a cup of coffee.
Walmart sells some stuff in the deli that is par baked. I don't remember what the brand name is.
But, 20 minutes at 400° and it is awesome crispy crust bread.

Peace
Dave

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
No favorite recipe, but we use the convection oven for everything we bake - bread, casseroles, desserts, meat dishes. It works great. Only down side is it takes a long time to preheat to 400 or higher so we have to plan our cooking times accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garypowell

Cookies advice should be taken seriously. We wanted to remove our gas oven but did a "bake off" first. They both worked the same but with an oven thermometer we found the convection 50 deg low. So we just adjust our cook temp.

Another thing that I think is very popular is crock pots....you might try that too.

traveler44

I cooked just about anything in ours. I did adjust the temperatures down and added extra time to make sure that things cooked all the way and then would check how well it was cooked before eating. Found out the hard way the first couple of times that I had cake or brownies on the outside and hot pudding in the middle.