Landmark TPMS

aRAYwego

When I ordered my LM I purchased the full timers package which came with the valor tpms system. I installed the antenna on the bottom of my class 5 hitch so it would have an unobstructed view of the trailer axles like the instructions said. The wire for the antenna is too short to reach the dash of the truck. Is there an extension available. I have searched the Internet and our forum with no luck. Any ideas?

Last edited:

MTPockets

I don't have your brand, but my wire is only for power to the antenna. I mounted mine in that small space above rear bumper and bottom of tailgate, then for the power I connected to the power wire nearby that goes to the trailer cable connection. That way, power is supplied only when ignition is on.

Greengas

Contact Valor. They are fantastic. They will send you an extension cable and anything else you need.

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
Contact Valor. They are fantastic. They will send you an extension cable and anything else you need.

Ditto that. They sent me a 3 meter extension for my antenna the same day I called. Three days later I was installing it and it has worked fine ever since.

aRAYwego

You guys were right. I sent valor an email on the "contact us" section of their website. Within a couple hours I received a phone call and was told the 3 meter extension has been shipped to my address that very morning. Great customer service!!

Valor-Don

My name is Don Rigby. I am the Valor RV Account Manager. I have just joined the Heartland Forum group and will be glad to address any questions you have concerning the Valor TPMS. I look forward to communicating with everyone.
I appreciate the kind words on the Valor system and customer service.
Please feel free to contact me directly at 734-634-3278 for specific questions or leave a message on the forum that could benefit everyone.

jimtoo

Hi Don,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a lot folks that run the TPMS. I'm sure any help you can give our Heartlanders will be greatly appreciated.

Jim M

jrzygrl64

Bill contacted them via e-mail and the extension was also sent out the same day! Excellent service!

Having said that, he has not installed it yet, but based on what we have read here, there is no reason to expect any further issues!

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
My name is Don Rigby. I am the Valor RV Account Manager. I have just joined the Heartland Forum group and will be glad to address any questions you have concerning the Valor TPMS. I look forward to communicating with everyone.
I appreciate the kind words on the Valor system and customer service.
Please feel free to contact me directly at 734-634-3278 for specific questions or leave a message on the forum that could benefit everyone.

Don, When we were at Goshen last year, Valor Rep said they were working on some type of sunshade for the display. Have you all come up with something to help shade the unit so I can see it riding down the road?

Valor-Don

Unfortunately, at this time we do not have a solution for the brightness of the display. I will continue to investigate and will report when any answers are found. - Don

Majestic

We ordered replacement sensors for our tow vehicle to replace the Tire Minder system install so both units will work off the same system. Looking forward to the upgrade.

what is the issue with the display? To bright at night or dim in the day. I have not hooked it up yet so this info would help the decision on it's mounting location.

Valor-Don

Clarification to the brightness of the Valor display. When installed on the windshield, the brightness of the sun can make it so the display is not distinguishable. This is very similar to the brightness issue with a GPS located on the windshield. Valor is working in brightening the LEDs to make it visible but nothing is brighter than the sun so we are still working on it. If there is a tire issue, the display will blink the tire location and an audible alarm will sound to notify the driver of the issue. - Don

aRAYwego

Hi, We just made our maiden voyage with the 2015 Key Largo. It was a 1000 mile round trip to Colorado. The only real issue I had was with the Valor TPMS. Most of the time I only got a reading from one tire on axle #2. Usually I would get pressure for the left tire and --- for the right. On two occasions it would show a reading then next time I looked it would be gone again. Axle #1 worked the entire time. Any ideas or suggestions?

Garypowell

I would hope you don't have 3 bad tire units.

1. You might try sitting the truck beside the unit too see if they show up.

If they show up then you incrementally pull away and see when they disappear. To get a better look at this turn the unit off at each "stop" and let the master require the tire sensors.

2. You said they sent you an "extension" this gives you one more connection to go through. Is it tight?

3. If my thought on extension is correct you might ask for longer continuous antanae and then simply rewire the truck.

Valor-Don

Thanks Gary.
I believe you are correct in an antenna issue. The antenna needs to be located at the rear bumper to be able to accurately pick up the rear tire sensors. The cause of the intermittant readings is when the tire rolls down the road, the sensor will be away from the truck and lose connections.
I can send you a 3M extension or a whole new antenna, whichever you prefer. Please contact me directly at 734-634-3278 - Don

aRAYwego

My antenna is mounted under my bumper tow hitch like instructed. Antenna is also pointed downward so it is in the very best position to receive signal from the trailer tires. Not sure why the tires rolling should affect the signal on one or sometimes two of the tires and not all four. You already sent an extension so the antenna is not my problem, I don't think.

Valor-Don

I apologize for any inconvenience this is causing you. The rolling of the tires is not the cause or cure, its the location of the sensor and any possible obstructions that may occur at certain moments in the transmitting. This is rare occurrence and normally, when the sensor transmits, the readings are maintained.
I would like to suggest I send you a loaner testing tool for you to verify the sensors in question. Once you receive it if you could call me and I can walk you through the testing process.
I will also send 2 new sensors just in case our diagnosis proves out to be bad sensors.
Included with the shipment, a return FedEx label so you can return the testing tool and bad sensors, if that is the issue.
Please contact me directly so I can get your mailing address. - Don

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
My antenna is mounted under my bumper tow hitch like instructed. Antenna is also pointed downward so it is in the very best position to receive signal from the trailer tires. Not sure why the tires rolling should affect the signal on one or sometimes two of the tires and not all four. You already sent an extension so the antenna is not my problem, I don't think.

I thought that was normal. I've had my unit just a little over a year now and ever since I first installed the monitor (sensors were installed at the factory) I have had an issue with the monitor showing dash lines after a while as I'm driving down the road. At the next stop, when I start out again, I have pressure readings. Then several miles down the road, back to the 0.00 or -.-- . I just thought that was the way the system worked. At Goshen last year I got the antenna extension from you and installed it at the rear bumper, but it has not changed the issue of having no readings on the display after driving a while.