different slide leak/question

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
I've re-read the threads about slides leaking and we've got a "same, but different" problem. D/W is in the unit in Dallas, so I can only go by what she's telling me. Last night, it rained and this morning she stepped out of the bed to a wet floor. She didn't have much time to look at the problem on the outside and said the puddle is between the shower enclosure and the bedroom slide. The bottom of the carpet was wet and it looks like it had come down the slide between the seals.
Some of the other slide leak threads have stated there is a "Block" of some style that is being used to stop the water from splashing on the other slides. Would this be something that would stop the water from coming in on a slide that is extended? I asked her to check the slide window for the other problems and she says it's not coming in there.
Any ideas or suggestions? I hate to call the company if someone else has already dealt with this. Like Roseanne Roseannna Danna says "It's always something..."

HappyKayakers

The block usually stops water from entering the unit from underneath while traveling. In your case, I would check the caulking around the window first. Then check to make sure the slide seal properly positioned after putting the slide out. You could also check the bottom edge of the slide to make sure there's not a path for the water to enter there.
We had a nagging leak in the same location but it appears to be corrected now. The window caulking was a major part. I think the level of the rig also played a part.