New Camper Owner - Jensen/DVD/TV Questions

RTSchacht

Rick & Terri
Hello All,

My wife and I went on our first camping trip with our Cyclone Toy Hauler this past weekend and loved it. Tested all the systems out and learned a great deal on how to "work" the equipment. One thing still unclear is how to get the TV sound to come out of the speakers in the camper. The TV has output jacks and cables plugged into it but I can't get the sound to pass through the DVD/Radio Tuner and thus to the speakers in the camper, by using either AV1 or AV2 options on the DVD tuner. A fellow camper has told me that TV sound only comes from the TV and won' run through the Jensen equipment. ... Then why the output cables from the TV then?

Anyone have some better advice or answer?

Thanks,

Rick

2009 Heartland Cyclone 3912 Toy Hauler

Last edited:

jimtoo

Hi Rick,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I think you need to change the settings on the Jensen,,, or something like that. I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some help.

Please think of joining the Heartland Owners Club and attending a rally when you can where you will meet lots of great folks and eat some really good food.

Enjoy the forum and your Cyclone.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi Rick,

You'll need to check that the audio connections are plugged in correctly at both ends. We do have an RV Audio Connections Illustrated Guide that may be helpful. I'd suggest checking the manuals first to see what audio output connections are on the TV and what audio input connections are on the surround sound.

RTSchacht

Rick & Terri
Dug into the back of the Jensen unit last night to check why the TV isn't piped into the big speakers.... It's because there isn't enough input jacks in the back of the Jensen to accommodate the TV. It has one output for Video and a pair of output for the speakers, (left and Right) which go to the amp.... Nothing to do with the settings. Disappointing there on that front....

The DVD player constantly skips and is basically worthless right now,.. From reading several different threads here, it's not a surprise that the DVD won't play.. I'll try cleaning it with some compressed, perhaps buy a disk cleaner and see what happens but I believe the DVD player is junk.... Radio and it's functions all work great there though.. !

My buddy has told me, "If that's all that goes wrong with your RV, be thankful, everything else costs lots more to fix!"...