Noob - Non-owner

PapaJack

Howdy fellow RVers... I am currently the owner if a 29' TT made by brand X, (no other brand troll here)... and I have a delima. Just less than 4 years ago, I had no grandchildren... now I have 6... I am comfortable but not wealthy. I have 3.5 years until retirement. I am considering trading up because of these things, especially all of my new fishing buddies. I currently tow with a 1/2 ton, and the numbers say I can go a bit larger and heavier than the 6,200# I am currently towing, but I won't. I have to upgrade to a 3/4 - ton pickup first, for my own safety and peace of mind.

All that diatribe out of the way, I am probably 2 years out from trading up, but I will want to know as much as possible about the brands I am interested in before that time comes. So today, I looked at a Sundance TT ... SD310BHCK. Door sticker announced the Platinum package and I was impressed. Being an old aircraft mechanic, I am always trying to look past the glitz to the workings of things to see how well it's going to hold up. It's kind of hard to do with the underbelly all closed. This particular one having 2 large slides, I was looking for the slide mechanism and didn't get too far. However the slides looked a lot heavier than brand X... and extend out twice as far. They looked well made from what I saw, but I couldn't see much. I was impressed with the leveling system, and the axles. My current unit has Torflex axles and sits very low in comparison.... The levelers are much heavier and closer to the axles, and the sales guy said they are actually levellers. This particular one had 2 air conditioners, too... a real plus for this part of the country.

I liked what I saw. However, being an old West Texan, real world experience trumps sales talk and glitz every day... so please tell me your Sundance TT experiences, good or bad. I want to know all I can about this brand, and this manufacturer. Thanks in advance!

Jack

danemayer

Hi PapaJack,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You've come to the right place to get answers and I'm sure you'll hear from Sundance TT owners shortly.

olcoon

I can't speak about the Sundance TT, but if you are wanting to see what's above the underbelly, if you can make it to Elkhart, IN. sometime in the time before you buy a new rig, I'd suggest you take a factory tour, and you can see just how they are made. I'm sure Heartland would be happy to have you look around to see how the Sundance's are built. We went to the factory to see our new Elk Ridge on the line being built, and have taken 2 tours of the factory since at national rallies. It's pretty amazing seeing how they but these things together. Out of the 3 tours we've taken, the first one was while the line was active, the other 2 were on a Saturday when the plant was shut down.

Gaffer

Hey PapaJack, come to a Heartland Rally. You can registar as an SOB (some other brand) for a modest fee). Just contact the chapter leader then join in on all the social activity with the Heartland owners and pick our heads. You will be amazed by the level of commitment from this manufacturer to its customers.