Just purchased the gateway 3650bh and I have issues with it. Please help.

Espostal

Hi,

I just purchased the 3650 BH and we were able to use it over the weekend. The fridge didn't work. We left it on electricity mode for over 12 hours first night and then 8 hours on gas. The green light was on the whole time. It just stayed room temperature both ways. And thoughts on this? I emailed both Gateway and my dealer and haven't heard anything from either one.

The second issue I am suffering is none of the outlets around the countertop are working and neither is the outlet under the eating nook. I found a gfi plug by the microwave and I clicked the reset button back and fourth to make sure it wasn't tripped and it isn't. I also checked all of the fuses and circuit breakers. None of the breakers have tripped and none of the fuses are blown. Basically this has made our maiden voyage in the gateway a bit of a disaster. That's disheartening to me.

I am wondering if maybe I am missing something or do I have a stroke of bad luck? Is there a switch somewhere that I am not seeing. The unit I bought was brand new from our RV show. I'm wondering if maybe they disconnected the plugs for the show or something to that extent?

Any help around this this would be great.

Thanks,
Dan

danemayer

Hi Espostal,

Sorry you're having problems. On many rigs there's a GFI outlet in the bathroom. Have you checked that one? Also, the circuit breakers can be tricky. When they trip, sometimes the movement is minimal and it's hard to see/feel that it's tripped. You might want to flip them off and back on.

There are other possibilities. If all the outlets are in a slideout, there could be a loose wire in a junction box under the slide. And don't overlook the possibility that there's a problem with the campground power or with any adapters you might be using. Sometimes you can lose one leg of a 50 amp service and some things work, while others don't.

As for the fridge, if neither freezer compartment nor refrigerator compartment are getting cold, set it to LP mode. Go outside and see if the gas burner inside the vent has ignited. You can usually hear it running. Based on your description, I wouldn't be surprised if the burner is on. Since it's failing on both 110V and LP, it might be a failed thermistor, control board, or cooling unit.

Last edited:

Kbvols

You may want to check and see if the fridge is plugged in. Pull the cover on the exterior of the trailer the outlet and plug are located behind it. Mine was not plugged in when I bought it and ended up running on LP for a couple months before I discovered it. Seems to me if I recall the fridge outlet was a gfi outlet also but won't swear by it.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If the stove and water heater worked....then you do not have an issue with the propane. Make sure the GFI in the bathroom is not tripped. That would be for the fridge and maybe all the 120V outlets. Were all these things working when you did your PDI before you left the dealer?? Are you hooked to 50amp or 30amp in the park?? If on 30amps....a hair dryer and a coffee pot on at the same time can trip the GFI. JMHO, I never leave home unless the fridge has been on a day or two. That way I can make a quick fix if needed.

kkamshop

Do not expect quickest responses to emails... pick up the phone and call. Many businesses it seems do not check/reply to emails regularly.

ParkIt

Took me the better part of a year to really get used to how everything works and what to check for when something isn't working...and when you do find the source it doesn't seem to make any sense.

One thing that comes to mind is how long your unit was at the dealership and if they blew out all the lines before delivery (PDI check list!). This time of year in particular spiders like to make nests which can block your LP line to the fridge - check the bathroom GFI as mentioned as well as all the other suggestions because we've all spent too much time figuring those niggles out.

GWRam

All of our 3650bh kitchen outlets are controlled by the master bath GFI

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DMAN302

Not sure on the fridge issue..but the GFI as stated is in the bathroom on the side wall of the sink...will reset the kitchen outlets. Refer has not been a issue for me...green light..refer working. Might need a phone call to the service depot on that one.