grab bars

torque1911

Me & the woman do not like the little handles/grab bars so I have ordered 2 black swing away bars to replace the stock ones ! We like to drink a little & need help getting up the stairs 😊

torque1911

Should I leave the existing handles on or mount the clamp @ the top where the old one exist & I would have to cover the bottom 2 holes from the old clamp ! Can't decide any suggestions ?
Also is there a set height for these like a door knob in a door ?

donr827

If you can use two of the existing holes I would remove the old one. My motto is the less holes the better.Don

Buck5o

Use the top holes and make new holes for the bottom mount. Put an amber reflector over the lower holes of original handle. It looks factory done.

torque1911

After measuring several campers ! I decided to leave the stock one's on ! It turned out perfectly ! If I would have removed the stock one's & used existing holes they would have been to low ! The GF likes it & so doo I !

Sans1

On my 2014 Torque 291, I installed two ‘lend-a-hand’ kits (one for each door). I first removed the stock handle and did a test fit to using a single hole on top where the stock handle was removed. I was planning to have the wife verify the height seemed right. While waiting on that to happen, I re-read Torque1911’s post about leaving the stock ones in place. I did and looks good. No holes to worry about. I did have to put a bigger screw in the stock handle when I reattached it to the original holes since the lend-a-hand screw was quite a bit larger. It took me longer to decide I wanted to drill holes in my camper than to actually attach the handles. backdoor.jpgfrontdoor.jpg