fyi lights on awning

torque1911

It was not on the brochure or build sheet but my torque 290 has led strip on spool did not know this before buying ! Bonus !
Although I did see 2 little wire leads going in the spool & I had my fingers crossed 😊

Miltp920

They are nice! Make sure you figure out which swtch turns them off. Somewhere someone did a mod to add a small led light to remind ghe awning lights are still on. Id like to do that mod on mine, as I have left those lights on and rolled in the awning.

jimtoo

If the lights can be left on and the awning retracted I would suggest you add a light at the switch or replace the switch with one like on the water heater that illuminates when in the on position.

Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Here's a thought for HL Engineering. If you're going to put lights out on the spool, put a contact switch on the arm or wall that will shut off the lights if the awning is retracted, even if the owner forgets to turn them off. Production cost probably less than a buck.

ParkIt

Here's a thought for HL Engineering. If you're going to put lights out on the spool, put a contact switch on the arm or wall that will shut off the lights if the awning is retracted, even if the owner forgets to turn them off. Production cost probably less than a buck.
And now that you've posted it, my guess is that is exactly what HL will do ;)

JohnDar

And now that you've posted it, my guess is that is exactly what HL will do ;)

Didn't forget everything I learned working in an Engineering lab and doing failure analysis! But I'll gladly accept any royalty payments they care to send my way. :D

Miltp920

Where would I pick up an extra lighted switch like for the water heater? That is a good idea.

If the lights can be left on and the awning retracted I would suggest you add a light at the switch or replace the switch with one like on the water heater that illuminates when in the on position.

Jim M

JohnDar

and when the contact switch fails someone will tinkle and moan about it.

Probably. It's always easier to do that and blame someone else than to just get one's head out of the lower anatomy and CHECK things are off and secure.