3670RL with a twist

gpshemi

Noobee here so be easy on me. :)

We'd like a 3670RL with the side isle design, but as a rear entertainment like the 3600RE. Any plans for such an animal?

We're just starting to hit the shows now so we can make plans for selling our 05 Laredo 29RL. Great floor plan...so long as your second child didn't turn up as twins giving you three total instead. We're cramped now. Looking for a BIG rig with deluxe features like the BigHorn or Cedar Creek. Silverback has an opposing slide bunk house that's pretty neat, but you'd have to option it to be anything special.

Last edited:

gpshemi

Despite my previous posts editing and subsequent go around with the moderator over it, I decided to give Heartland another look at the recent show per his sugesstion.

Unforutunetly, my experience with the factory rep was awfull and I feel compelled to tell Heartland so. He was totally full of himself, pulled out "secret materials" to show us and try to influence us, and among other things was just a real turn off in general. We didn't even look the unit over real well due to his attitude.

The RV's dealership sales team that was there showing off all their units put more effort into showing us an Everest, but I think that's in part due to the rep that was at the show and them not wanting to deal with him. He was just hard to cope with in general. Not a real good showing for Heartland. This "growing faster then any other company" has certainly gone to HIS head.

gpshemi

Tom of Ypsi

Being from Michigan originally and having bought our Landmark through the RV show in Novi I can tell you that the factory reps can be a bit overzealous, not just Heartlands but all of them. I am guessing you saw the BH at the General RV display and if you did I would give Edna Greco from their Mt Clemens dealership a call and tell her Tom & Judy Atkinson sent you. She is a good salesperson, will not sell you what you do not want and will not tell you your truck can pull anything there is. The only problem I had with 3 different General RV dealerships is their after sales service. Other than this we are totally satisfied with our Landmark, Heartland and their support and the help of the owners on this site.

gpshemi

I did not see a Big Horn bunk house. In fact, I spoke to the rep about it and he said that they've talked about it, but no one seems interested in building it. He stated there's nit much of a market for high end bunk houses. If there is a secret bunk house floor plan, I'd love to see it and pictures.My experience with General RV is exactly like yours. The sale was great, but the service was really bad. They broke more then they fixed and I ended up at another dealership over it.

ChopperBill

I do most of my looking on the internet. Lots of pictures of different models and colors of every brand imaginable. Pick out a my top choices then go looking on the lots. I act like I am not even interested in purchasing. "just killing time" Then when it gets down to the nitty gritty I start to bug 'em. Keeps me from getting POed at someone. I do the same with simple purchases. Course I like to surf.

gpshemi

We started out looking for a bunk house to replace our Laredo RL. However, we found ourselves thinking that an RE would convert fairly easy too with the new air matresses and that would allow us a place to be together as a family. We go back and forth now. The bunk house doesn't have much of a place for us all together. However we spend all day together running and doing normally, so how reasonable is it to expect that we should do it even more what little we're inside the camper. Perhaps a bunk house would allow us some time apart that's needed as well. In either case I'd still want a higher end unit though like a Big Horn, Cedar Creek, or Everest without getting to silly about it.

Delaine and Lindy

gpshemi, I feel your pain with sales people. Since our first 5th wheel, when we go 5th wheel shopping I read everything I can before I go and look at the unit. We knew what we wanted in the Cedar Creek and the Big Horn before we went to a dealership. And we knew as much or more about the unit than the sales person. We have learned a lot from our other mistakes ($$$$). To be up front the fit and finish, floor plan and Money was the reason we ordered the BH 3600RL. The RV industry as a whole leaves a lot to be desired. I do think as for as my research, and I have read most of the post on the Heartland site that Heartland is trying to do a professional job. I for one don't bash any other brand, reason being we aren't perfect. I don't know for sure but I will within the next 6 months. I do hope for you and yours that things work out and you get the 5er that fits your needs. Its sad that you had to encounter a salesman of that kind. Good Luck.... GBY....

P.S. We always ask the sales person what kind of 5th wheel they have. And then check their expression....... Its a Hoot.....

creeper

It's rare when I haven't found a salesman that hasn't lied about the stuff they are selling. When I was looking at a HR and Bighorn the salesman said I can't say anything bad about the Bighorn it's a good unit. Our Bighorn salesman said the same thing about the HR, I was amazed as these two places were within a few miles of each other.

Learn to believe only what you can research.

I wouldn't hold the behavior of a salesman or the mod against Heartland and their product. Heartland doesn't own the forum and has no control over the behavior of non employees.

gpshemi

That would be a hoot to ask them. I never thought to do that but I've done that with other things and it surprising the answers you'll get. For example, most carpet installers I've met have hardwood throughout. Go figure.

tcbrady

gpshemi,

Please give me a call today at the office (574-266-8726) when you get an opportunity. I would be curious to hear about your experience at the Novi show.
thanks, Coley