ATF: Road Warrior - where are my satellite cables located

don46

I have a Road Warrrior RW365, my plan is to install a permanent satellite receiver, I would like to know the location of the cables under the roof skin? is there a soft spot as I have heard some people say or are they located back by the air conditioner someplace as I've also read.

porthole

Retired
Are you planning a rooftop antenna?

"when" and if I do the rooftop I planned on running new cables. From the antenna to the will that separates the bathroom and living room. This would allow a direct drop to the main receiver.

For my portable dish I ran all new coax, UDC to a splitter, splitter to the main receiver, splitter to basement outlet, splitter to bedroom. Be advised, many on here did not have coax installed to the bedroom. Just a wall plate with an empty coax connector.

don46

I currently have a winegard carryout that we have used twice, salesman talked me into it saying it could be moved if trees block signal. anyways it is to much of a pain to set up so I decided to go permanent on the roof and was told the cable is up in the roof someplace, just need to narrow it down. Today I found a new King Dome kd-2200 on ebay for $495, there were 3 and 1 left, this is like a third of the price. It also has a antenna for local channels buil it. Oh and it is low profile, only 12" so should be lower than the AC

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Man, I love my CarryOut antenna! I have the tripod and the hardest thing about setting it up is getting the bolt that holds the tripod onto the bottom of the antenna to line up. I first check where the satellites are with an I-Phone app and then put the antenna down. If there are no trees in the way, by the time I get back inside, it's locked on and downloading the program guide.

Nbomar

I currently have a winegard carryout that we have used twice, salesman talked me into it saying it could be moved if trees block signal. anyways it is to much of a pain to set up so I decided to go permanent on the roof and was told the cable is up in the roof someplace, just need to narrow it down. Today I found a new King Dome kd-2200 on ebay for $495, there were 3 and 1 left, this is like a third of the price. It also has a antenna for local channels buil it. Oh and it is low profile, only 12" so should be lower than the AC

You want to sell that carryout? what model is it? how much?