Had a good day!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Getting the rig ready to pull up to our seasonal site this weekend. Got my water filtration system prepped with new filters and flushed everything. Went to the storage yard, installed the battery and used the water pump to circulate some fresh water from a jerry can to clear the remaining antifreeze (air blasted it earlier). Moved the washing machine into "travel" position and removed the carpet glides I had under it. Still need to install the drain pan and reconnect the machine, though. Replaced the damaged part that caused the leak earlier. And I moved the one-way Heng Vortex fan from the bedroom to the bath and installed the new two-way Heng in the bedroom. And I checked all the LED's I installed last year. Motion sensor light over the door is still looking good, too.

Upped my lift capability, post-surgery, from 15 lbs. to about 50 lbs. without any pain or problem. Couple of other little things to do, load some stuff on, and we'll be ready to roll. Probably do a one-day turnaround just to get it there and set up.

On another note, I checked the possibility of drilling some drain holes in the cargo door framing. No go, the opening framing sits right over the aluminum framing for the wall panels. I did try clamping some of the bulging to see what would happen. It does squeeze it back some. Also noticed that around the perimeter of the door edge frame that there was a thin bead of clear silicone that seems to be missing over most of it. Inside and outside. Haven't heard back from HL on replacements, though. I may end up using clamps and cauls to flatten it and reapply a bead of caulk around the inner and outer frame, as well as sealing the open holes on the bottoms of the doors.

priorguy

Nice. I went up to mine Easter weekend with the intent to pull it home for a once over but it started raining and none of the dishes got packed in the fall so too much work to fed it ready to haul. I'll bring an inverter genny if I go up before the power is on to get it all prepped.
ny5u2abe.jpg

Looks good behind the truck. No unexpected guests or leaks over the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ParkIt

Lost track of ya for awhile, what happened with the cargo door?

Good to hear you are getting up to snuff after surgery but don't push it, you know the Honey-Dew list will only get longer ;P

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Lost track of ya for awhile, what happened with the cargo door?

Good to hear you are getting up to snuff after surgery but don't push it, you know the Honey-Dew list will only get longer ;P

Three of the four doors have swelling at the bottom,with the ODS cargo door showing cracking of the inner panel skin. Looks like they sit in water at the bottom of the doors since there's no place for rain run-off to go. And there are holes drilled into the bottom of the door frames which allows water to wick into the panels. Looking at it closer, the thin bead of clear silicone on the inner panel is mostly missing, as well. I was considering adding some drain holes to the door opening frame, but that's not possible.

The colon surgery was April 17 and I'm getting tired of sitting around. Doc said nothing over 15 lbs., but I think I'm past that now. Just gotta be careful and not get crazy. Still haven't gotten back to the weight machine we have, but have been using our treadmill for increasingly longer speed walks with incline. I never want to be old, fat and weak. Can't do anything about the first, but the other two are under my control. Heck, I lost almost 9 pounds since doing the prep for the surgery and it hasn't come back...yet.