missng landmark appliance manuals

heidi72

I wonder if anybody can tell me what appliance manuals they got when they purchased their landmarks. I recently imported a grand canyon to the united kingdom and could,nt find any manuals inside to work the convection oven/ airconditioning/ surround sound etc. I am having problems with the oven most of all. I have asked the dealer whom i bought it off to try and locate them ,that was two months ago!!!! I still have,nt heard anything and my husband is sick of eating pizza!!!! if anyone could help it would be much appreciated
thank you. Heidi & Dennis

jbeletti

Hello Heidi and Dennis,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Your purchase is the first I've heard outside of North America.

My Heartland is parked at a campground away from my home so I am unable to speak directly to the presence or lack of manuals for the appliances.

I may be able to help you with the oven though. Not sure if you have the 3-sealed burner Amana unit or not, but if you are having problems lighting the oven, see this thread. As for lighting the stovetop burners, if your LP tanks are on, turn the burner knob to the light position and rotate the igniter knob a couple of times. It will generate a spark at each burner and should light the burner you have turned on.

I'm sure others will chime in here with help too.

Finally, since you have yet to get resolution through your dealer, consider emailing Scott Tuttle at the Heartland factory at scott@heartlandrvs.com.

He should be able to resolve the missing manuals matter for you pretty quickly.

When you get a chance, please share more with this forum as to how you got your Heartland (dealer name/location, purchased off a lot or ordered from factory etc.).

Take care,

Jim

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
I'm curious as to what tow vehicle you have and how something so large can be manuevered through the narrow streets of the U.K. Please fill us in when you can.

heidi72

thank you for your kind welcome to the forum. it is the dometic convection oven i am having problems with ,i dont have a gas oven.I will email scott tuttle at the factory for the manuals. thanks for his email address. we purchased our 5th wheel from Bates rv exchange in tampa florida in febuary 2005 and shipped it to the uk in may.apart from the missing manuals they have been pretty good to deal with i would recommend them. thanks once again Heidi & Dennis

heidi72

Hello Chuck & Saundra
we are currently towing our 5th wheel with a volvo f12 globetrotter lorry, we dont really have any problems getting it around the country, we have highways all over the country but we do have a lot of traffic on them & sometimes they get a bit jammed. my sister & her husband own a 44ft teton scotsdale 5th wheel and have no problems. now the channel tunnel has opened which links the uk to france we can travel all over Europe, my aunt is currently touring the south of france with her travel supreme. there are quite a few american motorhomes ,5th wheels, & travel trailers, travelling the uk. but i think my landmark is the first in Europe. if you have any other questions dont hesitate to get in touch.
bye for now Heidi & Dennis

Cheryl

Heidi,
I have the convection oven and I have the manual for it. I have used the timing guides in it a few times. I have a manual for the remote control for the air conditioner/heater, papers on the slide awning covers, and a bunch of others that I can't think of off the top of my head. I agree with Jim, email Scott to get yours. He is pretty good at taking care of the customer.

Cheryl

I'm sure he will. If not, send him another in a week or so. It seems like he does get busy out there.

Scott

Manuals on the way to the UK

Just to note here on the forum - I did recieve Heidi's email and have gotten the manuals together to go out to the UK.

ST

Cheryl

Scott,
See, I knew she could count on you!:)

Off topic here, We met a guy in Myrtle Beach that works for a RV dealership in Pittsburgh, PA. He seemed real interested in our Landmark and wanted to know who made it. I gave him Heartland's website just in case the dealership might be interested in carrying Heartland. Hope that was okay.

Last edited:

heidi72

got the manuals this morning ,four days after asking about them. now thats what i call customer service!!! thanks to everyone on the forum for their help, Heidi & Dennis

Cheryl

Wow! That's as fast if not faster than we here in the States probably would have gotten them.

jbeletti

Glad you got what you needed and fast Heidi and Dennis.

Please tell us more about RV'ing in the UK as I for one am fascinated by it. Like others, we just assumed that it was near impossible with the big US rigs. I guess we think London too often when thinking of the UK. I looked on a map and see you are well NW of there. Maybe out in the countryside even??

Take care,

Jim

Cooper

I have been waiting for a manual on my convection oven for three months still have not seen one. Also I need one for the heatpump system.