Staff member
Is this a factory install or a DIY?
What year and model trailer?

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I am not familiar with the rear construction of your Torque, but of you have clearance lights near the top, remove one of them and see if you can snake a wire fish from that light to the bottom.
If you can you should be able to then run a wire up front and pick up some 12 volt power.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

I bit the bullet and did a wired install on my Bighorn using an outdoor home security camera from local vendor FRYs. They also had 3 part cable with a video cable for the camera output, a shielded power wire for the camera power, and another power wire for the camera IR illuminator. I just wired the 2 power conductors together at the truck end, wired all of the grounds together, and then made a mating cable to the truck's mirror clip-on video display (bought on E-Bay) with a cigarette lighter plug that powers everything. It worked very well until an adapter in the cab end of things fell off, and I managed to plug the camera video output connector into the power connector from the lighter - instant smoke and no more video picture when I got things reconnected right. I have a new video camera ready to install.

1_oldgoat

Hey all, i recently started looking for a wireless backup camera system, i found a company called Tadi brothers that have several systems to hoose from. I am looking at a lisence plate mount wireless camera system and a 5 inch monitor, the camera range is 65 feet and from what inhave read works very well without interference, if there are problems the company has a 30 day return policy so no worries. I'll post again after i get it installed and let you all know how it works, the camera also reverses image and has night vision.
Marcus

TXTiger

Marcus, I saw the Tadi Brothers booth at Quartzsite last Jan and after some research found out that they had a lot of negative reviews online and complaints to BBB. They are out of Los Angeles. I decided not to buy one of their systems. Some of the posts were about their not honoring the 30 day return warranty?? I have not yet purchased a backup system yet but when I do I will probably go with the Voyager system. Have heard a lot of good things about the Voyager. Its a little more expensive but you get what you pay for plus they stand behind their product. Voyager also has a good relationship with Heartland Owners Club.

Jim.Allison

One of the simplest ways to run wires such as the one you want to run, is underneath your RV. My fiver is covered on the bottom, so I take some 90% isopropyl alcohol (walmart brand) and clean a 6 in wide path down the length of my fiver. Then I use wide Gorilla tape to tape the wire to the bottom of the fiver. In this manner the wire is completely protected from the environment by the tape. I try to get onto the DC source at the battery compartment. In the case of a backup camera at your license plate, I don't think that a neatly run wire will detract from the appearance of the trailer. I recommend a red and black pair and a blade fuse holder near the batt.

SOBBERMAN

Thanks for the input, I finally went to RV Cams and got the wireless and tied into the running lights on the top of the 5th wheel. working great.