New Tow Rig

bigdob24

Well bit the bullet and bought a new 2014 Ford F 350 4x4 Crewcab DRW Diesel today.
Will pick it up Thursday or Friday.
I got to drive one that is similar to the one I am getting and it handled well, a bit larger , but after a few miles didn't even notice.
The best thing is I got a great deal and I don't have to worry about the over weight thing any more.
Have the B&W Turnover Ball Hitch ordered and should be ready to go next week.
looking forward to hooking up and hitting the road.
Got all my questions and concerns answered right here, thanks
Dan

scottyb

Congrats on the new truck. I have been happy with mine. Did your truck not have the factory 5th wheel prep?

bigdob24

Scottyb
Its got the camper package, not 100% sure what that includes.
I have the B&W Companion Hitch so I have to get the B&W Turnover Ball hitch installed on the new truck .
All that should happen next week

scottyb

10-4. The Ford 5th wheel prep is basically the turnover ball portion, only made by Reese, and istalled by Ford at the factory. B&W now makes a Companion that fits the OEM hitch. I have had both and the only diference is that the factory hitch is even easier to install / remove than the original Companion. it does not have any bolts to tighten and requires no tools. If your truck had this option, it would be on the window sticker, and there would be one big socket for the gooseneck ball, and four small sockets for the Companion.

Attachments

• IMG_2165.jpg
    IMG_2165.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 52

bigdob24

I have the newest model B&W Companion Hitch that fits the Turn over Ball mount in the truck. It takes a 3/4 wrench to loosen the locking bolt to pull the pin to release . The old one I think you had to loosen two u clamps to remove it.
I looked at the sticker and don't see the Fifth Wheel Prep, just camper Package.
i have the Turn Over Ball Hitch ordered and should get it installed next week.
I pick the truck up tomorrow
cant wait to have it all together so we can get out.