TST Customer Service

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I reinstalled the sensors for my 510 system two days ago, anticipating hauling the rig north on Sunday, and got them reading on the monitor, no problem. I went out to the storage yard today and could not get a reading on any of the sensors. Zip, zero, nada. Checked the memory and the codes were still there, but no wheels show up on the display. A call to TST and spoke with Sarah. Explained the situation and that the unit was purchased in March, 2011. Although the warranty was up two months ago, she said to send it to them and they would do whatever it takes to get it working or replaced, under the warranty. Shipped to them this afternoon, UPS. Just won't have it for the one way 200 mile trip. Fortunately, the tires are all holding their 110 psi and still look in good shape. They were covered with white covers all winter.

Can't beat customer service like that.

MTPockets

They are great. Last month one of my tire sensors stopped working; new batteries... They sent a replacement no questions asked.

wdk450

John:
My TireTrakker sensors go into a "sleep mode" if they do not detect wheel motion for a specified time. Supposedly, starting the tires rolling brings them back "awake" and transmitting, although I always do a sensor (a)unscrew - (b)alarm - (c)sensor replace and read PSI setup test before pulling out. Since my system has no indication when it IS receiving signals from the sensors (other than alarm conditions), I KNOW the system is working before I pull out.

Manzan

Just to add to what a great company they are, I had my monitor stolen out of my Suburban and the replaced it no charge. The theft was certainly not a fault of manufacture and I was very willing to pay for the replacement. Just can't beat that company!

JohnDar

John:
My TireTrakker sensors go into a "sleep mode" if they do not detect wheel motion for a specified time. Supposedly, starting the tires rolling brings them back "awake" and transmitting, although I always do a sensor (a)unscrew - (b)alarm - (c)sensor replace and read PSI setup test before pulling out. Since my system has no indication when it IS receiving signals from the sensors (other than alarm conditions), I KNOW the system is working before I pull out.

The TST 510 does not have a sleep mode. If you drive away from the rig, it will hold the last reading it obtained until you turn it off or come back within range. When you attach the sensors, the monitor flashes the tire positions without numbers and then reads and displays them within a few minutes. It worked fine two days ago and nothing today. Strange that all four would go out at the same time. The batteries are supposed to last 5 to 7 years continuous use, but I don't leave them on if the trailer isn't being moved for an extended period. I doubt they've seen more than 30 days of actual use since I got them.

But TST is going to handle it, fine company that they are.

szewczyk_john

I had one quit reading on me after I changed the battery myself. It was a month after the battery change that it quit working. I again replaced the battery but no luck. I called TST to inquire about a fix or to purchase a new sensor and they replaced it for free. They also send out the little o-rings for battery replacement for free. I was asked if I wanted to upgrade to the pass-thru version but I declined. There was not even a hard pressure sale tactic used to get me to purchase them just a friendly conversation.

wdk450

Battery contacts on small devices is another reason to keep Caig DeOxideIt Contact Cleaner Restorer spray around the RV. See: http://caig.com

Small spray kits are at Radio Shack. Its more economical to buy the bigger spray cans on Amazon, or at a local professional electronics parts store.

This may or may not solve the sensor problem, "but it can't hoit".

JohnDar

Just got an e-mail from Sarah at TST. They're sending me a new monitor and four new sensors, all programmed to the parameters I had in the one I sent them. WOW, that's customer service.

scottyb

Isn't it great when a company puts the customer 1st? After all, if it weren't for the customers, there would be no company. What a basic concept.