RIP Babe

Miller0758

Friends ... Wednesday we had to put Babe, our 14+ year old yellow lab, to sleep. There are only a few things that can bring a grown man to tears, among them are the death of his Mom, the birth of his Son, the marriage of his Daughter and saying good-bye to his "best friend". Babe, you came into our lives in 2001 as a rescue and changed it forever. You were scared and tattered, looking for love and you found the perfect family. Shy and timid, it took you some time to warm and trust but you soon realized our hands were kind, and you were safe. Through the years, you watched as the family grew with both, human and furry friends. You were unique in so many ways but really only asking for companionship and love. No, you never chased a ball, nor did you ever retrieve a bird but you were loyal and the best camping dog anyone could ever ask for. We watched as you slowed down in your senior years but never saw your desire to please or provide companionship fade. There will always be a void in our life but we are happy knowing you’re in a better place now. Enjoy the warm fire. Thank you for all the great memories … we’ll miss you.babe1-crop2.JPG

thibideau

Sorry for your loss. May the many memories and joy you had with Babe ease the pain and sorrow you feel today

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
John and Lisa, sorry for the loss of your buddy. Many of us know how hard this is.

Mrsfish

As I sit here with my 2 furry best friends, my yellow lab and our rescued black lab, I am crying. That unconditional love that Babe gave you was your reward for the unconditional love you gave her when she was scared and alone. For a lab to untrust people means the pain they endured was bad. But as she learned to trust again it meant that the love and kindness you had given her would become her forever bond to you. I am so sorry for your loss as I know the hole in your heart is huge. But know there is a special place in heaven for people like you that give the kind of love and protection to an animal in need. God bless you

szewczyk_john

I have been in your position. I did not cry at my sons' birth, do not have a daughter, Mom is alive and kicking, but I cried like a baby when I had do make that decision as well. Sorry for your loss.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our thoughts are with you. We too have been there.
That is one of the tough parts of having fur and feathered kids.

One of life's true injustices is the fact that dogs being such loving friends, have such a short life span.

May the good times always stay in your memory. Trace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997

rod_s

Cathy and I have walked the same path as you. "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. Focus on the 14 wonderful years you had each other. Peace be with you.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
John, Lisa, Nicole and JR I am so sorry to hear about Babe. It is never easy to lose a friend......especially one like Babe! So Sorry!

4ever

So sorry to hear of the loss of Babe. May you always hold on to the memmories of your best friend.

Ted