Where to put the ladder?

blzftr

Any ideas as to where or how to store the ladder. I was told that having it on the outside of the Cyclone while in transit makes it over the maximum allowable width. Anyone mount theirs to the inside wall of the garage? It really is a pain in the butt, just when I leave it at home I will need it. Any suggestions?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Blzftr, How long is the ladder?? You can buy the fold up ladder at CW that is 7ft long. I think folded up it is about the size of a cigarette pack and 7ft long. I bought the square plastic 6" fence post and 2 of the fence post caps. Glued on one cap, put latches on the other end cap. I mounted it to the bottom of the coach with straps to the frame. Veola, install ladder rack and out of the way.. Bob:D:D:eek:

crazybanshee

I cut my ladder in half and attached it to the ceiling with the spring loaded broom clamps. Then you need two short pieces of pipe to slide inside the ladder where you cut it. It stays in place and I never need to use it.

blzftr

Thanks to all that replied. I have a 2008 3795. I like the idea crazybanshee has. Would it be possible to post a few pictures of what you did? Thanks again to all.

truknutt

Committed Member
Banshee,

From those of us with the "small" garages I have to say "Thanks" for that link. It was good to hear that someone else had the same fears I had regarding the strength. I guess the only weak point would be the choice of bolts & pins used. I sure don't anticpate losing this extra "Michelin" I'm carrying around just North of my beltline! :D

I had envisioned this type of setup and found these rubber holders to secure the ladders to the walls for others interested.

Delaine and Lindy

We have a ladder from Sams Club, I think its about 14' fully extended it folds in the middle. The last 5er we had it fit in the basement against the wall and it never moved at all. I think we paid about $100.00 for the ladder and it works great. We are hoping the BH 3600RL will be able to store it in the same area. The other 5er had about 180 sq feet of basement storage and I think the BH has a 145. GBY...