Gateway - Fridge function

rjf199

I am the new owner of a 3650BH and when my unit is plugged in how do I turn off the power to my fridge? My unit has the full size fridge and I am unsure if I should allow the fridge to run when not in use.

swiftk77

Re: ATF: Gateway - Fridge function

The easiest way is to flip the breaker in the breaker box below the audio system. They put the fridge on a separate circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turtlpwr

Hi rjf199,

There should be a white panel switch opposite your main entry door that controls the inverter. I believe mine is the top right switch. Simply hold that switch down for a few seconds until the green light goes out.

Even if your main batteries are still on they won't be used to power the fridge unless the inverter is on.

Hope this helps!! Let me know if you have any questions or need additional info.

Jared

danemayer

Hi rjf199,

If you have the 22 cubic foot residential refrigerator, and your coach is plugged into shore power, you could leave it running. It's no different than leaving your refrigerator running all the time in your sticks and bricks home.

If you want to shut it off, Turtlpwr has it right. Shut off the inverter. That way if there's a power failure the frig won't switch over and drain your batteries.

We have a Residential Refrigerator User guide with pictures and explanations of how this all works. Here's a link.

adlaird

This user guide is great! Just saved me a service call when all we needed was to reset the GFCI on the inverter. Thanks!

jbeletti

This user guide is great! Just saved me a service call when all we needed was to reset the GFCI on the inverter. Thanks!

I too am happy to hear you like the HUG for the refer. Dan Mayer and Terry Hershberger were the main contributors on it.

I dream of the day where there's a User Guide like this for all the main components and sub-systems that make sense to have one for.

I encourage anyone who wants to get involved in this to reach out to Dan Mayer (danemayer) with your area of interest.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Kosanko

Gsxr130,

You can either trip the breaker located under the entertainment system, or unplug it. There is no inverter for the small fridge, so it does not have a separate switch on the main panel.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Does the outside refer have a temp dial?
It may just mean turning the dial all the way one direction or the other to turn it off.

Peace
Dave