Microwave recall notice

remoandiris

Got my notice today. Called HL, gave them the needed info, and now wait for Frigidaire to contact me. They'll come out and do the repair onsite. I don't think I need the repair since I have a convection/microwave vs. microwave only.

Will confirm with Frigidaire when they call.

Gist of the recall; certain units built between Jan 30 2013 and July 31 2013 have faulty microwaves. They can turn on by themselves. If you store items inside the microwave, STOP!

The microwave model numbers are CFMV152CLB and CFMV154CLS. The fix is for Frigidaire to come to you and fix the keypad, NOT REPLACE the microwave. The repair should take 30 minutes.

Last edited:

Ladiver

Could you post the notice? I have been having problems with my microwave. The trailer is in the shop and I am coming close to the 1 yr mark.

Thanks,

Jeff

kasey200

We just picked up our new 3100 Saturday but the microwave does not work. The dealer told me before i picked it up that the microwave was under a recall notice and Fridgidaire would be in contact. He though they would come to our house and replace it.

jimtoo

This is link to recalls. We have an area on the forum for recalls that are related to Heartland units.

Jim M

DocFather

My Frigidare Microwave worked for 3 days after I took delivery last July. HL replaced it without question. Who knows what this recall is for? I did not see it on the list. Thanks

remoandiris

Who knows what this recall is for? I did not see it on the list. Thanks

Gist of the recall; certain units built between Jan 30 2013 and July 31 2013 have faulty microwaves. They can turn on by themselves. If you store items inside the microwave, STOP!

The microwave model numbers are CFMV152CLB and CFMV154CLS. The fix is for Frigidaire to come to you and fix the keypad, NOT REPLACE the microwave. The repair should take 30 minutes.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Heartland Recreational Vehicles, LLC (Heartland) is recalling certain model year 2013 Bighorn Silverado, 2014 Bighorn and 2013-2014 Cyclone, and Landmark fifth wheel trailers equipped with certain Frigidaire KG-series microwaves, models CFMV152CLB and CFMV154CLS, manufactured January 27, 2013, through April 10, 2013 in the serial number range KG30607951 through KG31600670. In the affected vehicles, the microwave may start on its own and begin heating when unattended. If the microwave starts on its own and there are contents inside, a fire could result. Heartland will notify owners and dealers will repair the membrane/keypad component, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in May 2014. Owners may contact Heartland at 877-262-8032. Heartland’s number for this recall is 99-01-17. Note: Until the microwave has been repaired, owners should not store anything in the microwave while it is unattended.

Ladiver

Bummer looks like my serial number is outside of the recall. Good think it is still within the 1 yr warranty. Now, I just need to get my trailer back ASAP so that I can file a warranty claim!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Bummer looks like my serial number is outside of the recall. Good think it is still within the 1 yr warranty. Now, I just need to get my trailer back ASAP so that I can file a warranty claim!

You don't have to get it in before the warranty expires . . . but you need to report the issue and arrange the appointment before the warranty expires!

Last fall I was supposed to drop my trailer off at the dealership to get final warranty repairs done, and the Colorado floods hit the day I was supposed to drop the trailer off.

The dealership was in the flood zone and I called to tell them that I was going to wait until the next day to drop the trailer off, but nobody answered the phones.

Of course, unbeknownst to me, the dealership had been flooded out so nobody was there, and it was almost 2 months after my warranty had expired before I was able to get the trailer in.

They, of course, tried to tell me that the warranty was expired and that they would be happy to charge me for these fixes, to which we had a heated discussion and they said that they would fix the issues.

Well . . . they didn't fix them all, and it is there now (after another slightly heated discussion) and I'll know in a couple of days if I'll need to get the factory involved!

Anyway, just make sure you arrange to get the fixes done before the expiration date!

Here are a couple of shots . . . the first after the second repair of the same spot (last Labor Day weekend) . . . the second was taken 3-5-2014, of course after the last 'supposed fix':

EveDrip-IMG_1355.jpg BadCaulking3-5-2014-IMG_1840.jpg

Last edited:

donr827

In a case like this I think that I would call HL customer service and have them put the repairs needed in your file. Might cut down on the disagreements.Don

remoandiris

In a case like this I think that I would call HL customer service and have them put the repairs needed in your file. Might cut down on the disagreements.Don

^^THIS^^

If you can't get to the dealer for repairs prior to the warranty expiring, call HL cust svc and they will add the issues to your file. I have done this for one item and have no doubt there will be others.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
We have a 2013 Key largo and are part of the Fridgidaire recall. HL did the intake process of info and confirmation and was sent over to Fridgidaire to handle it from there. Yesterday I received via FedEx the replacement part for our microwave now I am waiting for installer to call and set up time. Time frame from notice to this point, 7 days. Part looks like I can install it myself, all it is is a circuit board with a ribbon wire to d/c and reconnect.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Yesterday I received via FedEx the replacement part for our microwave now I am waiting for installer to call and set up time. Time frame from notice to this point, 7 days. Part looks like I can install it myself, all it is is a circuit board with a ribbon wire to d/c and reconnect.

I would let them do the work, otherwise there may not be any warranty on the warranty self-repair job!

llalsbury

Arizona Chapter Leaders - retired
Replacement part arrived on Tuesday and received a call on Wednesday to schedule the repair. All is good.

Miltp920

Thanks for posting this microwave recall. Mine is one of the affected. We are unplugging when not using until fixed.