Desk Drawer Retaining Latch

WBG

WBGavin
Does anyone knowhow to repair the retaining latches on the desk drawer? Ours broke and we have to extensively tape it shut during travel to keep it from opening up during travel.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Unless you can find a similar latch in a big box store, you might be better off calling Heartland Customer Service (have VIN ready) and see about ordering a new one. Use your member number to get a 10% discount.

priorguy

Install a child safety latch. Might do the trick as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbbls59

I don't know about yours but mine looks like a standard window lock available at most big box stores and hardware stores.

WBG

WBGavin
Unless you can find a similar latch in a big box store, you might be better off calling Heartland Customer Service (have VIN ready) and see about ordering a new one. Use your member number to get a 10% discount.

Thanks for your idea. I was at Camping World today and they had a box of plastic replacement parts for he locking mechanism. All we need to do now is to figure out how to install them. Any ideas on how to remove the desk drawer?

WB

jbeletti

Any ideas on how to remove the desk drawer?

If by Desk Drawer, you mean the pull-out desk under the TV, on the side of the left and right drawer guide extensions you will see a black lever. On one side, the lever is to be moved and held in the up position and on the other side, it is to be moved and held in the lower position.

1. First, pull the drawer all the way out to the fully extended position
  2. Then use your fingers to move the black levers up or down
  3. While holding those levers in their opposite states, have someone pull out on the drawer, but not too far
  4. Once you feel the drawer has been pulled a few inches past its previous fully-extended length, carefully remove the drawer all the way and set it aside to do your latch re-work

Last edited:

WBG

WBGavin
If by Desk Drawer, you mean the pull-out desk under the TV, on the side of the left and right drawer extensions you will see a black lever. One one side, the lever is to be held in the up position and on the other side, it is to be held in the lower position.

1. First, pull the drawer all the way out to the fully extended position
  2. Then use your fingers to move the black levers up or down
  3. While holding those levers in their opposite states, have someone pull out on the drawer, but not too far
  4. Once you feel the drawer has been pulled a few inches past its previous fully-extended length, carefully remove the drawer all the way and set it aside to do your latch re-work

Thanks Jim,

You make its sound so easy that even I maybe able to do it.
Will give it a try tomorrow and will let you know.

WBG

WBG

WBGavin
I don't know about yours but mine looks like a standard window lock available at most big box stores and hardware stores.

Don & Joyce,

Thanks for your idea. I have a replacement plastic "latch" and if I can get it installed, I will good to go. If not, it is off to Home Depot or Lowes.

WBG