"Black Tank Flush System" Feature

jbsiii

I've been reading about the macerator pump systems out there that sound like they will make taking care of the black tank dumps a lot easier and less messy. However, I notice the spec sheet for the North Trail calls out a "Black Tank Flush System", but doesn't describe it. Can you tell me exactly what this feature is, and whether a macerator pump would be a good investment?

Thanks!

aquiring signal

I can't tell you much about the macerator pump (other than it sounds a lot like the "up-flush" toilet system my sister has in the basement of her house)

But I can tell you about the "black tank flush system". It's installed inside the black tank and is activated with water pressure. On our Bighorn there's a seperate water connection (in the docking center). When you hook up a hose to this connection & turn on the water the mechanism inside the tank spins & sprays water to help rinse the tank.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
I have found the macerator pump very usefull to dump the black tank. It allows us to dump at home instead of waiting in line at the dump station when leaving the campground. I run a 3/4 " commercial water hose that I bought for this purpose to the sewer cleanout located where the sewer exits the house and start pumping. If it were not uphill I could probably dump with my sewer hose as the cleanout is only a few feet from the drive where we stow the trailer.

Don