Exterior decals

BruteForce

I didn't see another place to post this so..

2 years ago, I had an accident, hitting another 5'er with my 5'er, putting some decent damage on the curb side of my 5'er - requiring all the decals be replaced, etc.

Fast forward to today, all those decals are flaking off, bubbling and peeling off. RV dealer that did the work is claiming this is standard and that I shouldn't expect to have decals last more than 2 years due to sun exposure, etc. I call BS. On the road side of my rig, the decals are still doing just fine - but the curb side where they were all replaced looks horrible.

Dealer is not indicating that they'll resolve under any type of warranty.

Thoughts? Feedback?

danemayer

Hi Brute Force,

Sorry you're having this problem. I'd guess the replacement decals came out of parts stock from Heartland and were the same material as the originals, so perhaps this was an installation problem.

Let me suggest that you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Apart from figuring out what went wrong, you need to find out if there are still any decals in parts stock for your 2010 RW. If they are available, you might want to order them immediately. Once they run out, it becomes a custom order which introduces additional complications and probably a much higher price.

Btw, I've moved the thread to the External Components sub-forum.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
The original decals on our six year old Bighorn still looked brand new when we traded it...I agree, BS!!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The original decals on our 7 year old Landmark were peeling and faded when we traded it. We were told the same thing.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
We have a 2009 Landmark and most of the decals are faded or chalky. It does look bad. If I had my druthers, I would have them taken off and then painted back on. Paint looks best and holds up better than vinyl decals.

Birchwood

We replace the decals on our Landmark on a regular bases.All our gold and some of our gray has been replaced.Next winter it will be the Landmark decals as they are rolling at the edges.I have a professional installer come to our trailer when we are in Florida.I remove the old ones and he installs the new.We get the decals from Heartland parts and the graphic company that supplies Heartland.I think the graphic company has all the RV decal sizes on file.The Landmark always looks brand new with new decals.

Birchwood

Birchwood, how hard is it to remove the old decals?

Depends on their condition.I removed all the gold (twice) and it was 4 to 5 hours using a heat gun.The gold decals turned black and they were still intact so they removed easily.I was able to remove the two front gray swoops in two hours and they were 4 years old.The decal glue is removed by the installer.Sometimes I mark the old decal edges with masking tape to make it easier for the installer.