Gatway 3500RE Stereo Speakers poor output

GatorDawg

Has anyone replaced the stock speakers with a better quality speaker or would it be the radio receiver itself that is the challenge. Also tried to get the TV to play through the speakers with no success. I am going to try and pull the receiver out and ensure everything is connected. Any suggestions on how to improve the overall surround sound situation?

danemayer

The DVD audio and video output is connected to the TV, but the TV audio output is not usually connected to the surround sound at the factory. Typically you have to add a cable, assuming there are matching outputs and inputs; not all components are matched.

We do have an RV Illustrated Audio Connections Guide that might be helpful in making the connections if they're not straightforward.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Getting better speakers will always improve sound. I dont like the tinny sound that the cheap speakers make. If you are not sure what you are doing just take one off and bring it to a pro shop for a match. We have car toys here and they have been a big help and also do installs on anything you can bring them. I would guess a marine grade speaker would upgrade the outside ones if you have them.

jestor

you probably resolved this by now...
Yesterday, I purchased Pioneer speakers for 40.00 at Best Buy. It took about 30 minutes to install 4. The sound is 5 times better. Also, you only need a cable to push the TV through the speakers.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
you probably resolved this by now...
Yesterday, I purchased Pioneer speakers for 40.00 at Best Buy. It took about 30 minutes to install 4. The sound is 5 times better. Also, you only need a cable to push the TV through the speakers.

Can you post a pic and/or link to the product you bought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jestor

Can you post a pic and/or link to the product you bought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes...
Here are the ones I bought and installed. I tied to post a link but it won't.
The model number is (Pioneer) KFC-1665R. 39.99 a pair.
So far well worth it.