Forney, TX

travis_g

We are selling our house in the 'burbs in Frisco and moving to the country in Terrell. problem is the house will be gone before we can get into the new house so we will "fulltime" for a week or so and I am looking for a nice place near Forney to stay until we get the new place squared away. Recommendations?

This doesn't exactly meet your request, but we really like Shady Creek RV Park just north of Hwy 380 about five miles west of the Toll Road in Frisco. A very well run operation.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are selling our house in the 'burbs in Frisco and moving to the country in Terrell. problem is the house will be gone before we can get into the new house so we will "fulltime" for a week or so and I am looking for a nice place near Forney to stay until we get the new place squared away. Recommendations?

Welcome to Terrell (our hometown!)

I would NOT recommend the RV/Mobile Home park in Forney, called Summerhaven.

I would highly recommend Bluebonnet Ridge, a little past Terrell going east on I-20, so not that close to Forney. We've had a few Heartland "family" stay here and like it.

There is also Lakeside RV Park south of Forney on I-20 but I don't know much about them, always looks full, probably lots of full-timers.

There is also Plantation Place RV Park in Sunnyvale, which is west of Forney. JayC said the sites are close together -- but might be just OK for a week.

Let us know if we can help you out!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Erika is right, we were scheduled to stay at Plantation Place but when we drove through, the sites were pretty close together. We stay at Bluebonnet Ridge about once or twice a year visiting the kids and have always had a good stay there.

travis_g

I had seen that one online and driving by. I remember when it was nothing but the blue barn. It looks very nice so that will probably be the one. Thanks everyone!

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I had seen that one online and driving by. I remember when it was nothing but the blue barn. It looks very nice so that will probably be the one. Thanks everyone!

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Which "one" are you referring to? :)

I also would NOT recommend 4-seasons RV park just west of Terrell on Hwy 80.

Last edited:

travis_g

I was talking about bluebonnet. We were over there today dropping a load off into a storage space and saw 4seasons though. Well, just from the road anyway.

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk