My PDI inspection - Gateway 3650BH

swiftk77

Hi everyone - As I've mentioned on a couple other postings, we took delivery of our new Gateway 3650BH last weekend (delivered from an out-of-state dealer) and managed to do most of interior checklist items on Sunday since it was snowing all day (Denver, CO in May, go figure). Finally this afternoon I started working on the exterior checklist items and ran into a couple items that I'd like to get some help with:

1. I filled up the water tank and tested the pump and all the faucets, toilets, showers which work great except for the hot/cold water in the 1/2 bath sink. There is just barely a trickle, but the toilet has great pressure. I couldn't see any valves, so I am not sure where to look next.

2. The bumper mount grill bracket is really too short to use when you have an outside kitchen. When it's raining I'd like to stand under the door to the kitchen, but the grill is about 3-4 feet short of where it should be. There isn't any room to move the bumper mount over, so I was curious what everyone else is doing....

3. I had to restart my inverter 3 times before the refrigerator finally stayed on. I think this will be a recurring issue and I will monitor it very closely and make a case to Heartland for a 2000 watt inverter if it continues to be an issue. If i'm having troubles with it running when it is 58 degrees outside, I can only imagine having it running when it is in the 90's.

We have our maiden voyage next weekend to an RV Dude Ranch (M Lazy C Ranch) in St. George Colorado next weekend and can't wait to hook up!

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Ken

Garypowell

Most every faucet will have a filter screen at the outlet. Unscrew the piece (remember it is up side down) that is holding it in and clean the screen and reinsert.

I found the 12 volt and ground connections at the top of the inverter to be a little loose. I tried to tighten the nuts and found them to be very tight. So I took the connection apart. I found that there are two flat washers small enough to fit into the hole in the crimp lug. The nut was stopped from compressing the lug because the combined thickness of the two washers was just slightly more than the thickness of the crimp lug. I'm not sure if I've explained the so you can understand, but take a look at the connections.

Don

swiftk77

That's another item checked off my list, thanks for your help with the faucet screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk