Ac 110

clong451

Could not believe you could only run two ACs at a time. Does not work when leaving in Texas, so we had the dealer run a separate 110. Now all ACs will run.

danemayer

The 2 A/C limitation is due to generator capacity. Sounds like a good mod for when on shore power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

scottyb

Do you mind posting some photos of how they added the separate 110 service. Also, do you just plug it into the other receptacle at a RV park?

porthole

Retired
I guess it is just a matter of time before there are extra checkboxes at camp registration.

Is your trailer equipped with:
Washer dryer
Fireplace
More then 2 AC units

LukeW84

This is very interesting. I work in West Texas and New Mexico. I need three A/Cs as well. I am on shore power all the time. Do you have any problems running other items with all three units on?

jimtoo

Hi LukeW84,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of the folks that have done the mod to make it where they can use 3 a/c at the same time will jump in soon.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

This is very interesting. I work in West Texas and New Mexico. I need three A/Cs as well. I am on shore power all the time. Do you have any problems running other items with all three units on?
50 amp shore power is actually 50 amps on each of two legs. With 3 AC units running, 2 of them will be on one leg, consuming about 30 amps out of 50. Depending on what else is on that leg, microwave and coffee pot for example, you could trip a breaker.

LukeW84

I see. I have some electrical experience. I would need to figure out what side has the most load on it and use the other side. I'm seriosly considering putting a second electrical system in the unit. I want to add several wall plugs in different places. Only problem is that I still could only used 2 A/Cs on the generator.

I also don't understand what the wire that drops through the entertainment center is for?