Drawer Slides

Hunter11

Was wondering if someone could tell me how to get the drawers off the slides. My wife was putting things away from our previous unit and she opened the bottom drawer on the dresser and the bottom fell out. I need to get the drawer out to try and fix it and cannot find any information on the drawer slides in the literature we were given. Seems like every day is a new adventure with this trailer.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Look on the slides. You should see a thin, black tab on both sides, inside the slide frame on the drawer. Lift them up (or push down if they're upside down) and pull the drawer out completely. To reinsert, just push the drawer back into the slides.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Extend the drawer fully.
On each side of the drawer, on the slide you will see a little black lever.
One side lever will need to be pulled up and the other side down.
Pull the drawer out while holding the levers.

Peace
Dave

Hunter11

Thanks, I was just getting back on to say my DW just figured it out. For as much as these units cost the drawers are sure cheaply made.

JohnDar

If you want cheaply made drawers, then you should check out some the garbage the competition puts out. Stuff like ragged 3-ply plywood not worthy of an orange crate in some cases. Funny, the drawers in our 2009 have never been a problem. And we've never gotten a sliver from them, either.

Hunter11

The drawers themselves in our unit appear to be fairly well made but the bottoms they put in them leave a lot to be desired. They might be okay if they used a little wood glue and turned the air pressure down on their staples guns they use to attach the bottoms to the drawers. Since fixing the one that came apart this past weekend I have had to fix two more that we found where the staples were about to pull through and the bottoms would fall out.

pegmikef

I carry a bunch or short wood screws thatwork well for reinforcing the bottoms and chair storage bottoms as well.

Hunter11

I now have a couple of bags of small wood screws and a small bottle of Elmer's wood glue to carry with us.

Sunset4k

We had the same issue and my DH took every drawer out, removed the bottoms and glued and re stapled each one. Also he replaced the slides on several with heavier duty slides. No more drawer issues now!!!

Westwind

So far our drawers are holding out well, we did have the hinge problem with the cabinet doors but after gluing the plastic studs in the holes we have been OK. It just the finish on the cabinet doors that has come off needs to be redone. Refinishing all those doors is not something I'm looking forward to.

Hunter11

Once you get used of the drawers you may see that they are not that cheaply made.

The drawers themselves seem to be fairly well made but the bottoms on ours leave a lot to be desired. It would appear the day they built ours they had the air pressure to high on their staple guns and drove most of the staples completely through the thin bottom piece of wood. So far two of ours have had the bottoms fall out with very little weight in them.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
My wife loaded up too many pots and pans in the large kitchen drawer and the bottom fell out. A bit of Gorilla glue and a few small nails and it's better than new.

Mizmary

I had to do the same thing. A few finish nails and some glue. I loaded my pots and pans too heavy. The bottoms in here leave something to be desired, but I do like it better than having them sit on the floor- which was the case in our first 5er, and the bottoms here are better than the last one we had.

I haven't had to fix it again.

MrRvGypsy

I glued and stapled a notched 1x3 poplar cleat across the front and back of each drawer bottom because the first trip out my wife put about 8 large cans in the bottom drawer and popped off the front of the thin cleat under the drawer bottom running front to back on the bottom most drawer. Now I think I could put a cement block in there and it would hold.

I also tied the top of the drawer slide frame assembly into the bottom frame of the shelf above to make both the drawer slide frame and the shelf above stronger with 2 pieces of 1x2 poplar. Took about 6 hours work (most spent designing, measuring and routering the cleats) and about $25 worth of wood.

I also installed black surface bolts on the front of each drawer to ensure they would not come open in transit.

Last edited:

JohnDar

Funny thing about a BH3670 is that with the exception of the one under the fridge, none of the drawers can open with the slides retracted. And that one has never budged. Neither have the cabinet doors. Point: BH3670!