LED lights

bparn10

Has anyone replaced the interior lights with LED bulbs. I have a 3150ds. Just curious what others have done.

danemayer

Hi bparn10,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Lots of us have replaced some or all of our lights with LEDs. Usually it's a matter of finding the right bulb, picking color temp, and finding a good price. Here's one source. There are also many vendors on Ebay.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've replaced all of the 12V incandescent lamps with LED's. Replaced the puck lights over the sofa, the wall lamps, the dining table lamp, and the stove vent lamp with LED's, too. Sitting in a box near me at home are LED replacements (reflector style) for the four reading lamps, as well as the parts to put switches next to the bed where they're accessible, instead of having to get out of bed to turn them on/off. We have three 120V lamps we use in the rig and I've got LED replacements in the box for them, too (from Home Depot). I bought all of the 12V ones on eBay.

At home, I've replaced the twenty 65W reflector can lights with 9.5W LED's, as well as some of the table lamps.

Lynn1130

This is a reoccurring topic and question that might warrant a place in the users guide area.

May I suggest a search using "LED" or "replacing incandescent lamps' topics here that will turn up a number of threads and URLs to replacement lights.

Crumgater

Our main living room circuit was nearly over heating with the light load... the switch in the control panel would get well over 100F... not good. We even burned it out and replaced it once, thinking it was a bad switch. Nope. Overloaded circuit. Fire hazard!

We replaced ALL of the lights on that circuit with LED's and dropped our amp load by a factor of 10x. The switch stays cool as a cucumber, now.

Next on the list to replace are the bulbs in the reading lights over the bed - those things get HOT, too... not at the switch, just the bulbs themselves. Don't really need that extra heat in the RV during the summer time.

mbopp

We dry camp quite a bit. I replaced all the lights (except the pass-through's) with LED's. They use 1/6 the power of the 921 bulbs they replaced.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our main living room circuit was nearly over heating with the light load... the switch in the control panel would get well over 100F... not good. We even burned it out and replaced it once, thinking it was a bad switch. Nope. Overloaded circuit. Fire hazard!

We replaced ALL of the lights on that circuit with LED's and dropped our amp load by a factor of 10x. The switch stays cool as a cucumber, now.

Next on the list to replace are the bulbs in the reading lights over the bed - those things get HOT, too... not at the switch, just the bulbs themselves. Don't really need that extra heat in the RV during the summer time.

We had the same thing happen in our ElkRidge. Switch was getting hot. Replaced all 1411 bulbs with LEDs. No hot switch. We replaced the over-the-bed spotlights with these: http://www.starlightsinc.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=69&idcategory= Got them for a discount at the National Rally. Just as bright, and no longer burning fingers!

Erika