Out door kitchen shock supports lacking

DMAN302

Three head bumps this weekend leads me to believe I will soon suffer a concussion unless I can determin a method for keeping the gas shocks in the outside kitchen from giving up the goose a few inches every time I open the door up. Anyone found a solution or am I the onlyone who has the slow sinking door issue?

Hi DMAN302,
I don't know of any way to repair the gas shocks. It's probably time to replace them. I've purchased them, for automotive uses, on ebay and had good luck. Here is a source that is in the RV business and might be able to help select the proper replacements: http://www.hatchlift.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=12

I currently have a scab on the top of my head from my front hatch, so I understand the problem.

Good Luck
Don

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
They are no different that the hood supports on a car. A word of caution, when you replace them. Make sure they are the same length...the ram part, and dont go too much stronger. They should have a number on them that gives the lifting strength in pounds'. If you go too strong....they might rip the mounts out of the door. Take the old ones with you and match them up. Cold and heat make a difference on how well they hold up the door. I bought mine at NAPA, but it took a few trips to get the right ones.

DMAN302

All well and good...just figured a 8 month old trailer this was more of a common complaint rather than a one time issue. I'd rather do a warranty claim to be honest, just figured others might have some info.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If you are still in warranty.....call HL with your VIN# in hand and explain what is happening. Ya never know, they just might send you new supports and by pass you having to take it to your dealer and having it set there for 3 weeks. Who knows, maybe they have some "new and improved" ones.