12 Foot garage not 12'! Polaris RZR XP 4 1000 will not fit!

LNG

I bought a 2014.5 Cyclone 4100 King with the 12' garage with the intention of hauling a 2014 Polaris RZR XP 4 1000 in it. It does not fit!

The garage is spec'd on their website as 12", but it is only 11' 9". RZR is 11' 10.5".

How can they advertise a garage size that is incorrect???

rzr2.JPG rzr1.JPG

Attachments

• rzr1.jpg
    rzr1.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
LNG,
I was at a rally last weekend with a friend who has a Cyclone with a 12' garage and a RZR 800 4 that fits in it. He mentioned that he would like to get a new RZR 1000 4, but he checked and knew it would not fit in his 12' garage.

If tolerances were anywhere near the limit, I would take my own measurements.

Maybe you could run the front wheels up on automotive type ramps inside the garage and gain a few inches, because of the angle.
I hope you can find a solution that works for you. Trace

Last edited:

scottyb

I bought a 2014.5 Cyclone 4100 King with the 12' garage with the intention of hauling my 2014 Polaris RZR XP 4 1000 in it. It does not fit!

The garage is spec'd on their website as 12", but it is only 11' 9". RZR is 11' 10.5".

View attachment 29902 View attachment 29903

Sorry for your misadventure. When I bought my 4100, I was concerned about the height clearance for my Mule. I hauled it to the dealer and loaded it in the rig. The height fit fine but much to my surprise, my 10' 10" long 4x4 Trans Mule only had about 1" clearance on each end. My 4100 has the patio and 3 season door packages. and only has 11' 0" clear length. If the Mule hadn't fit, the 3 season doors would have came off but you don't have that option.

Last edited by a moderator:

LNG

LNG,
I was at a rally last weekend with a friend who has a Cyclone with a 12' garage and a RZR 800 4 that fits in it. He mentioned that he would like to get a new RZR 1000 4, but he knew it would not fit in his 12' garage.

If tolerances were at all close, I think I would take my own measurements.

Maybe you could run it up on ramps inside the garage and gain a few inches. I hope you can find a solution that works for you. Trace

I bought the Cyclone before the XP 4 1000 came out, so I had no way to pre-measure. On the other hand, I do expect truth in advertising. 12' should be 12'. The length of the Polaris is truthfully advertised, the engine size on my truck is also. Maybe I should measure the TV in the living room to make sure its 50". (Sarcasm aimed at Heartland, not you).

Thanks for the ramp idea, I will give it a try.

remoandiris

On the other hand, I do expect truth in advertising. 12' should be 12'.

I have a feeling this is only the first of several items you will find that lack truth in advertising from HL. I also have a feeling this will be the first of several items you will be disappointed with in your Cyclone.

On a different note, any issue with your F-350 SRW pulling/stopping the TH? I would think a unit of that size is really dually territory. Next time I buy I will closely look at the specs for a SRW versus a dually. If Ford offered a KR without that locking rear seat pan I would likely go back to Ford. But for now my dogs and cat need all the room they can get on the backseat floor.

jeffdee

I know that Ford has the towing capacity rating for SRW F250/350 set at 15,900#. The truck can easily tow and stop an 18,000# fifth wheel RV. However, the weights and measure police in some states might not allow it if you are caught exceeding rated towing capacity. I see a lot of guys here in Louisiana have been towing 3 axle RVs with SRW trucks. I plan to upgrade to a DRW truck in a few years before I start making any long trips. I have an F250 SRW pulling a 3110 and make short hauls of 50 to 75 miles one way. I added air bags to the truck to stabilize the ride rather than an air bag hitch.

In my F250 crew cab the rear seat bottoms fold up and a flat metal platform folds out to cover the floor. Is this what you were looking for?

RoadJunkie

I think it's called "Heartland Math", that is, the overall mystery of how Heartland measures any dimensions of their products. I'm not saying they are wrong or misleading (nor perhaps even removed from the industry norm), but it seems to be left for the end user to derive from what point to what point they seem to measure. In the case of the garage they probably measure the complete outside dimension, including the door and perhaps even the handles that extend out beyond the door. The dimension that is most critical to an end user should probably be advertised as usable dimension within the garage. In either case, I'm sure it is frustrating and I hope you can find a reasonable solution.

gunnere7

It's sort of what ALL manufacturers do. They round up or down to make whole numbers. Like your RZR1000 actually has a 999 displacment engine. Hope you can figure out how to haul it.

chiefneon

Howdy!

I can undersand the problem your having with Heartland fuzzy math. We purchased a new Cyclone 4000 elite recently. Heartlands brochure states the height is 13'3". I had them measure our unit while we we're signing the final paperwork. To our superize they stated our unit measured 13'9". Thats a bit over the 13'3" advertized and its also 3" over the national truck adverage which is 13'6" this is making it difficult for our travels.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

danemayer

Howdy!

I can undersand the problem your having with Heartland fuzzy math. We purchased a new Cyclone 4000 elite recently. Heartlands brochure states the height is 13'3". I had them measure our unit while we we're signing the final paperwork. To our superize they stated our unit measured 13'9". Thats a bit over the 13'3" advertized and its also 3" over the national truck adverage which is 13'6" this is making it difficult for our travels.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Looking at your signature picture, the trailer appears to be pretty nose high. I'd hazard a guess if you measured with it nose level it might be 13'3".

Also, if you're towing off level that much, you're changing the load on the axles and could have problems with the axles, wheels, tires and suspension.

scottyb

Not taking sides here, but in almost any structure, you lose space due to wall thickness. They don't take out for the wall thickness in a house. If you order a metal building, 14' eves don't get you 14' of clearance, more like 13'. Last year, my 48' x 24' building was going to have less than 22' clear width due to the frame and beams. I had to go to 26' and that means 26' outside. It's a standard practice. You should have measured it before you bought the razor, especially if you already owned the trailer, and you thought you only has 3" to start with. Walls, door knobs, window frames, molding, and other things will always reduce clearances.

Mark-Mullin

If the tires are the first thing that hits front or back, letting a bunch of air out of them gives you a few more inches. Ive had to do it with my teryx 4.

OK that sounds reasonable after looking at the photos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gaffer

I just checked the HL web site. Under the weights and measures tab, (spec's) I found no garage measurements listed. The only garage sizes I saw were on the floorplans and they were not measurements, only whether the plan had a 10' or 12' nominal garage. What am I missing?
I bought a 2014.5 Cyclone 4100 King with the 12' garage with the intention of hauling a 2014 Polaris RZR XP 4 1000 in it. It does not fit!

chiefneon

Looking at your signature picture, the trailer appears to be pretty nose high. I'd hazard a guess if you measured with it nose level it might be 13'3".

Also, if you're towing off level that much, you're changing the load on the axles and could have problems with the axles, wheels, tires and suspension.

Howdy!

Dan, thats one of the requirements I also had, I measured the unit myself. I found it was not level with my TV. I had them level it out and while doing so chech the height on the unit. I did check the unit for level and it was correct before we left CW.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

mhays

if it makes you feel any better 12 ft will not accommodate an XP4-1k anyway. I have one and a 2009 Cyclone 3795. My 12 ft garage actually measures 12ft and 1inch. But the RZR is an inch more than that. If run it in against the sliding glass door it will fit, that's putting it on the drivers side of the garage. Then there is about 12ft 2in to work with (glass door is inset and adds another inch). On the other side of the garage with the back tires against the rear wall I have to jack it up and remove the front tires.