Factory forgot to add auxilary fuel cell now what?

My cyclone 3800 HD came off of the line without the auxiliary fuel cell installed. They want to send the parts to the dealer and have them install it. Question, from reading this forum it appears with the extra tank you can only pump out of one, is that correct? If so the pump and the generator or both attached to the 30 gallon tank it comes with do you think the second tank can be installed without screwing everything up? If the pump is only for one tank it seems like it's not worth it for the list price of $449.00. Any help will be appreciated as we can still stop the installation of the second tank. Just some background the first build for us came off the line and it was so different from what we ordered John Jones called and said we will build you another one which was ok with us. So this is the second one and we want to make sure it is right before we pick it up.

porthole

Retired
Unless it has changed; one tank installation has a pump and nozzle and the genny feeds from this tank.
Two tank installation, the primary tank has the pump and nozzle and the genny feeds off the 2nd tank.

The two tank install wasn't available when I ordered our Cyclone, but unless you plan on extensive boon docking or need two different types of fuel...............

The tanks were sized at 25-28 gallon main, 20 gallon genny.

FWIW, I use one of the portable 14 gallon totes, this model from Northern tool. The hand pump is really slow so I have been using a separate hose and gravity feeding into the Cyclone. But, I have an electric fuel pump coming today and plan on speeding things up a bit and for those times when I may not be able to leave the tank in the bed of the truck for the gravity feed to work.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200325161_200325161

The decision was made by my dealer and the factory to send the unit back to the factory to have the auxiliary fuel tank installed. This was a good decision since they do it everyday there and will be able to knock it out in a couple of hours. It is a little complicated I'm sure since they need to switch which tank has the pump and which one feeds the generator. I'm very satisfied with the way my dealer (John S. at Lakeshore) and the factory (John J. Cyclone dept.) have bee handling this. Just good luck we had not made any cut in stone plans to be any where at any given time. Other than a golf tournament in Arkansas (we are staying at a friends house on the golf course) then right after that on June 11th we are taking delivery of our 3800HD heading home for a few days then heading out on the road for a month or two. Need to be at St Joe state park in Missouri where I will be the camp host for August. Get a chance stop by, great place for your atv's, utv's, dirt bikes, dune buggies ect. Even 17 miles of trails for horses.

We picked up our Cyclone 3800 on June 12th and the factory did a great job on installing the 2nd tank. Just wish quality control was a little bit better, 2 awnings did not work one was fixable the other DOA (The rear patio one) and will need to be changed out when the new one is received. Also the patio gate, the portion the fold out to close the rear of the gate is way off alignment sticking out past where the ramp door closes. I will see if it is something easy, if not I guess we will have to replace those also. Had a lot more problems when we built our house so no as we go on a short trip in several days we will make sure everything else seems to be working correctly. We did a walkthrough and tested things but until you spend a few days using everything you never know. Wish us luck!

oscar

Also the patio gate, the portion the fold out to close the rear of the gate is way off alignment sticking out past where the ramp door closes. I will see if it is something easy, if not I guess we will have to replace those also.

They slide in their mounting brackets, at least mine do. Always have to line them up right before I close the door. Non-issue.

scottyb

Same here. I have even had then shift during travel while closed so that the door can't open. I have had this happen twice. The 1st time I had the patio doors closed with a velcro strip on the outside. I had to crawl over the Mule and the Weber to reach in and slip my knife blade between the doors to cut the velcro, so I could open the screen doors and shift the rails. All this while it was 100 degrees outside and felt like 120 inside. I started lashing both sides together with some rope so they can't shift outward during transport.