Problems with cabinet finish (3610 re)

GWZ1948

2013 Bighorn 3610 RE
The finish on the kitchen cabinets (below sink) is peeling. Any info what the existing finish is? (Lacquer / Varnish)
I would like to touch up the bare peeling spots without creating a mess.
Any suggestions on product or techniques would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

dbbls59

Heartland may be able to get you a replacement door. They did for me although my unit was between one and two years old. I had several doors and drawer fronts that the finish was coming off. I am in the process of putting another coat of varnish on all the doors and drawers. I think the finish on them is a spray varnish, it looks like satin finish.

GWZ1948

Thanks for the reply! Are your using spray varnish to recoat or brushing it on? Was there problem with matching color with the recoat?
The tops of several of my cabinet doors seem to lost all of the wood color!
Might you have a contact name or Dept. to contact about replacing the doors?

Again, many thanks!

Heartland may be able to get you a replacement door. They did for me although my unit was between one and two years old. I had several doors and drawer fronts that the finish was coming off. I am in the process of putting another coat of varnish on all the doors and drawers. I think the finish on them is a spray varnish, it looks like satin finish.

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Thanks for the reply! Are your using spray varnish to recoat or brushing it on? Was there problem with matching color with the recoat?

Again, many thanks!
You send an Email to to service@heartlandrvs.com and attach pictures of cabinets, also remember to give vin# and contact information and they will get back to you
LindaW

dbbls59

Again, many thanks!
I am using a brush on.