Current picture of Jim Beletti's truck

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
On Jim's posts, he has a picture of his new truck with "(click truck picture for current view)" right underneath it.

I was able to do this about three weeks ago and saw a picture of his truck with a caption that said something about "driveway" on it.

I have not been able to see any late versions of his picture, so I "pm"ed him last night and he asked me to post a thread to see if anyone else was having a problem.

When I try it, Microsoft tries to find an application, but comes back with ".mime" and nothing to open it with.

I am using a PC with XP service pack 2 and IE7.0.l5730.11.

HappyKayakers

I just viewed it OK. I'm using Firefox on XP Pro/ SP2.
Jim, you need to get all that snow cleared off :D DW and I are very glad we're not seeing any snow this winter :)

DennisZ

I'm using Windows 2K pro SP4 and all I get is a hugh video file trying to download, it's up to over 15 Megs and still no picture.

Dennis

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I tried it. I got a picture about 2" x 4" in the upper left corner of the screen. Jim's truck in a snowy parking lot. Something seemed to still be downloading but nothing appeared. I run Mozilla Firefox for my browser and Windows XP SP2.

jimtoo

This is what I get when I try to open it.

Windows has the following information about this MIME type. This page will help you find software needed to open your file.

MIME Type: application/octet-stream
Description: UnKnown
Windows does not recognize this MIME type.

You can search the following Web site for related software and information:
Windows Live Search

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Clicking on Jim's Truck picture

I tried clicking on the picture and find that there isn't any "file type" suffix to the file name, it only has "Video". It probably should have something like .wmv (Windows Media video) or another video format file type suffix added to the file. I did a file "save as" and added .wmv to the file name so it would be saved as Video.wmv. It was downloading for quite a while, and was up to over 10 MB when I quit. I have a VERY slow Internet connection and didn't want to wait for it to finish.

I think all Jim has to do is add the file type suffix which appears to be missing, that's why your browser doesn't know what program to use to open the file.

Tom (shoveling snow this winter)

linuxkidd

Jim's truck pictures is actually not a video... It's actually a stream of still images. If you have problems viewing it, you may want to try a different web browser.

Check out http://www.mozilla.com to download Firefox. It's available on the 3 major platforms.. ( Windows, Mac, Linux ).

Thanks,
LK

jbeletti

To make it even more universal (and more interesting), I changed it to a static jpg image that can be refreshed by the user and allowed a couple more camera views.

Jim

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Cheer up Ray

Since you miss the snow Ray........

Attachments

• December.JPG
    December.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 32

Tom of Ypsi

I see four pictures, one of the truck in the snow (like Ray HEE HEE), one doggy cam pic, one front door pic and one back door pic. Too many doors for me, I like my one door to the inside and the rest outside all on tires to take us to the warmer snowless part of the country.

jimtoo

Like you said Ray, glad to see the snow "Up North".

Jim, the picture labeled "doggy cam", is that where you get put when you have been bad or misbehaving? :D

Thanks guys.
Jim

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Not sure what else changed, but I can now see all four pictures and I didn't change browsers (although someday, I will - thanks for the link for Firefox).

jbeletti

Chuck,

I changed the code to something simpler and more universal. Before, I was using what's referred to a motion jpg stream. Basically, it was a stream of still images that looks like video. Your browser needs to be configured correctly for it though. All brands of browsers on all my computers were fine with it. But like you, others had issues seeing it. Rather than attempting to work with everyone individually to custom configure their browser settings, I simplified things a bit.

And yes, now you get 4 images rather than 1. I also made the images in the quad view, hyperlinks so you can click one of the quadrants and be taken to the current image for that camera. For those a bit more curious, you can keep clicking the RELOAD link to update the image to see what is going on here.

Those pages were made so I can view those 4 key cameras from my cell phone.

I may do a FordCam this camping season. Remember RamCam (no longer online)?

Jim