BH 3600/3670 Drop leaf

pickuphunt

Often we have 6 people for a meal/lunch. The 3600 and 3670 have a peninsula style counter/sink. I glued up solid oak boards to make a table drop leaf ( 3/4 oak plywood with an oak trim would work fine) and attached with a 'knee hinge' found at my BH dealer. It serves well both as an eating place and/or a serving place for a buffet. It made the wife sooooo happy. WFU (works for us.)

Attachments

• Storage IDroptable I.jpg
    Storage IDroptable I.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Storage IDroptable II.jpg
    Storage IDroptable II.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 162
  • Storage IDroptable III.jpg
    Storage IDroptable III.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 149

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Really, really nice job!. DH has been looking to do something similar on the 3370 just inside the entry door. Did your dealer have the supports in stock?

jbeletti

Wow - that's awesome. Thank you for sharing.

Of course, add it to your trailer put-way check list. Hate to leave that shelf up and run the slides in :eek:

Jim

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Very Cool! I'll have to add that to the "to do" list my DH doesn't know I'm keeping.....:)

Kristy

pickuphunt

Bh 3600/3670 Drop leaf

Yes, the dealer had the supports in stock. They seemed a little flimsy, but when they are mounted to the leaf and the stiles the whole thing is very sturdy, it doesn't wiggle at all. And yes, we do plan to put it down before putting in the slide. By the way, we ordered a counter extension from the factory for the end of the peninsula counter that matches the existing counter top. The hinges supplied from the factory are the same my dealer had in stock. Thanks for all the positive responses