Torque 291 weights? Scaled...

flug

Afternoon all,
My wife and are new to the site and are looking at the new 2015 Torque 291. Has anyone scaled their 291? I know what the published weights are, but we all know how true those are.

GVWR = 14,000
Empty = 11,000
Pin = 2,000

I know the 15% to 20% rule for the pin, but what are you guys really getting? I'll be towing with a Dodge, 3/4-ton diesel, 4x4, short bed. Yes, close on weights, but I can't do both new trailer and new truck.

Thank you all in advance for any assistance you can give me.

-FL

jimtoo

Hi FL,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

The weight listed on the factory site is the average empty weight before any upgrades or accessories are added. When a unit is built and pulled out the door of the plant it is weighed and a accurate weight sticker is applied at that time.

Hopefully some of the other owners will jump in with their weight for you.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

flug

Jim,

Thanks for the welcome! We look forward to years of fun with our trailer. And lots of good info on this site.

After re-reading my initial post I realized I left out my main question. What actual pin weight are people getting.

Thanks,
FL

DW_Gray

Welcome to the HOC Forum. It's a great place to get your answers on your potential purchase.

While you're waiting for some weight info from others, if you haven't done so, consider reading Before You Buy RV...

flug

Dave,

Thanks for the link. Good info there.

My wife says I am overly safety conscious and have gone over all those weights with her repeatedly. It seems nowadays that every truck and trailer combo out there is over some rating or other. With our new trailer we will be close but still good weight wise.
Nice setup you have.

Again, thanks for the link and the welcome!

Doug

danemayer

Afternoon all,
My wife and are new to the site and are looking at the new 2015 Torque 291. Has anyone scaled their 291? I know what the published weights are, but we all know how true those are.

GVWR = 14,000
Empty = 11,000
Pin = 2,000

I know the 15% to 20% rule for the pin, but what are you guys really getting? I'll be towing with a Dodge, 3/4-ton diesel, 4x4, short bed. Yes, close on weights, but I can't do both new trailer and new truck.

Thank you all in advance for any assistance you can give me.

-FL
Hi flug,

As you mentioned the 15-20% rule of thumb, you know that the pin weight could be up to 2800 pounds. In addition, you have to count the weight of the hitch, bed liner, bed cover, tools, passengers, pets and anything else in the truck. Some of these may not apply to your setup, but if they do, you could easily be 1000 pounds over the payload rating of the truck.