ATF: Road Warrior - Formulas for paint

wbbrowno

Proud owners of a 2013 Road Warrior and lovin all about it.....we made a perfect choice....but I did get out of rhythm and left tailgate down......oops. Now I need to fix the generator door.......I can handle the fiberglass repair ok but not sure how to match the paint ......is there a paint formula that I can take to a shop? or?

I have to admit I am very much an amateur to body work but it is just a generator door and can have my temporary fix redone or get a new door if needed

Thx for any advise as we gear up for a cross country trip

danemayer

Hi wbbrowno,

Sorry about your mishap. For paint, you basically have 2 choices:

Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can give you the paint codes. But they may not be industry standard codes. I was trying to get paint locally and no one recognized the paint codes used on our Landmark. You may be able to get paint from the paint shop Heartland used.

The second choice would be to have a local paint shop do the work and match the paint.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
When you call HL...you might just ask how much a new door is. Might be cheaper than all the repairing and paint work. Just make sure you have your VIN# handy. It is needed to get the correct parts and any info.