Out side speakers

NewCyclone

We just got our 3795 about two weeks ago and we can't seem to get the outside speakers to work. I have turned the inside speakers off and made sure the toggle switch was moved to the "outside on" position and still nothing. Is there something in the radio itself that I am missing?

JoshV

I was concerned about my speakers when I got my Cyclone too. I found the sound on the outside was only about 1/4 the volume as it was on the inside. I had to turn the volume up so much to hear it outside it was way too loud inside. Has anyone else had this happen? Is it normal? I checked the wires and settings in the stereo and they were all OK.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Make sure the impedance of the speakers is common throughout. Sounds like an impedance mismatch to me.

jbeletti

Josh,

If your system has one, check the "fader" control to see of it has been set away from its mid-point, favoring the indoor speakers.

Jim

nvtahoe

Same Issue here. Just picked up a 3210 and I can not get the outside speakers to come on. I noticed that the amp is a 4-channel and I am sure that the indoor speakers use all of those. So, are the outside ones not amped? I looked for a switch.... found nothing. Tried faders etc..... any help here?

tbsimmons

It is the fader on the 09's.
The 08's and down had a stereo in the outside compartment.
Kinda irritated me when I picked mine up and no stereo.

08cyclone

When we got ours, my outside speakers sounded really muffled. After some wire checks I found that I had to move around the RCA's to their correct position and then they sounded as they should.

nvtahoe

Got it to work. Man, that Jensen dual zone deck is confusing though. I am a pretty smart guy (so I think) and I am going to forget how to use that thing every time I take the rig out.

carbuthn

I just picked up a new 3795, my problem is no switch to turn off the outside speakers, if they are using the fader won't that effect the 4 speakers inside when watching a DVD? I have to be able to turn off the outside speakers or the neighbors may start shooting.

rvansnick

Just got a new 2008 3795 and ran into same problem, was the fader control. However during diagnostics also found the inside speakers wont shut off, I took off the panel where Stereo is located and low and behold the switch for shuting off the inside speakers doesnt even have any wires going to it. The switch looks like it must have been missing a bunch of parts and so whoever wired up, didnt bother to fix, and just left her there. Nice eh, oh well perhaps that is some option that i dont have. Had a laugh anyway.

G

gregd

You have zone 1 and zone 2 settings. You can adjust each volumn if running 2 different frequencies. You should have a manual for short cut instructions. If not please contact me a Heartland.
The older models had a separate stereo system. The newer models have the Multi Zone Entertainment center.

davelinde

You have zone 1 and zone 2 settings. You can adjust each volumn if running 2 different frequencies. You should have a manual for short cut instructions. If not please contact me a Heartland.
The older models had a separate stereo system. The newer models have the Multi Zone Entertainment center.

We had the opposite problem during our PDI, the outside speakers were on and we could not turn them off! The kids wanted to watch a movie and you could hear it (loudly) outside. Two kids doing the PDI tried for nearly an hour and finally gave up. The batteries to the remote were missing and that could not have helped. After delivery my son played with it for a while and was able to control the volume outside but it seems to be related to the surround sound somehow.

I spent 10 minute pondering the "short cut" and another 20 minutes in the Jenson manual... but can't figure out which speakers are which. The manual seems to show 4 speakers... and we have 6. Today I bought a battery for the remote and next weekend we'll take it out of storage and try again.

I also consider myself OK with electronics and will eventually figure this out. The manuals and the PDI guys have not helped...

Detmer

The Jensen stereo system is somewhat difficult to manuever around in.
If I remember correctly the outside speakers are zone 1. What you have to do is to set that zone to receive a different input, that is how you turn them off. Then you can leave zone 2 on the "tuner" input so the radio/cd will just play on the inside.
I have a new 3210 and I am still trying to work this stereo correctly.

jbeletti

Jensen JDV8035 Quick Start Guide and Operating Manual

Greg Dischler sent me the Quick Start Guide for the product currently used in Cyclone and I downloaded the manual from the ASA web site.

If this is not the unit you have, consider looking here on the ASA site for your item and download the manual.

Jim

Jensen JDV8035
JDV8035_Radio_with_2D_ATV_guy_within_screen.jpg

Attachments

• Jensen_JDV8035_Quick_Reference_Guide.pdf
    432 KB · Views: 29
  • Jensen_JDV8035_Owners_Manual_8-23-07.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 20