2014 north trail 22rbk brand new any known issues

edsnewbie

I'm considering buying a new 2014 north trail 22rbk but I'm scared by all the horror stories I'm reading on other web sites. Plumbing leaks, delamination issues, etc... I like the trailer but I don't need a new nightmare in my life. Also are the extended warranties worth buying, the dealer is offering me one for $1995 that covers all the major systems, except structural issues, with a 7 year coverage period. Anyone with experience with this particular travel trailer who could tell me what they think would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

mbopp

IMHO you need to be a bit of a DIY-er for any make / model of trailer you buy. Minor fit / finish issues I fixed myself. One water leaked was due to a loose outside shower hose that I also fixed myself. After the trailer was home we noticed the sliding access on the outside door was missing, it was easier to go to a big box store for a piece of Lexan and a door pull than drag the trailer 80 miles back to the dealer.
Delamination can occur across all manufacturers, prevention involves checking and re-caulking any potential leak areas. My brother bought a new toy hauler (not Heartland) and waited 4 months for the dealer to replace a leaking window.
I never had a use for extended warranties. My AC fan on my last trailer siezed but it had its own 3-year warranty. Everything else was still working after 7 years when we traded it on the new NT.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
We own one and just went out on our second trip with it. We went about 700 miles round trip camping for 4 days. Everything worked flawlessly. This is our 4th rig. The only issue we have had is that the stereo didnt work properly our first trip and parts of the numbering on the screen went out, but Heartland sent us a new one right away. Hearing other folks complain about problems may not be the best reason not to buy this trailer. I always wonder if the ones who complain the loudest may not have been part of the problem. I went though our entire trailer before using it the first time. I checked to make sure everything was tight including all of the plumbing fittings. I think everyone who buys a trailer should do the same. If you are not handy I would recommend getting a battery shut off switch installed before you take delivery. Ours will drain the batteries quickly. Get ready to have many people stop at your site when you are using the outdoor kitchen!!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
A new trailer is no different than a new house. With one exception....your house is not a "rolling earthquake". All the things you mentioned should be checked by your dealer BEFORE you take delivery and double checked during your PDI. Will things shake loose...YES. Will you need to keep up on recaulking seams....YES. As far as an extended warranty.....NO. You can buy a Good Sam warranty after your one year is up and alot cheaper and dont get sucked into any kind of "sealant protection". You should check all the paper work you get on the stove, A/C units, furnace, etc etc. They have a longer warranty than the fiberglass box HL built. The tires are not covered by HL, they are covered by Tredit. In short, you could buy a 2 million $$$ bus and still have issues. You should always carry a small tool box with some hand tools just in case. BTW, most of the screws used are a #2 square drive bit but a philips screw driver will work.