Blew Towmax

Appleguy

Lost passenger side front tire this afternoon on my 2013 RW 30C. Was going 60 mph (my normal speed) and had catastrophic explosion. My son was following we and heard the loud bang and saw tire shredding. fairly minimal damage. Tin underneath behind front stairs tore loose and is bent. Wires to rear we're cut and fender piece popped loose but remained attached. Now stuck in Spokane waiting for Les Schwab to open on Tuesday so I can purchase 4 new G rated tires. Towmax's have about 5,000 miles on them and are always covered. PSI was 80 when we left camp site. build date on tires was 8/12.
I plan on emailing Heartland and also filing with NTSB. Probably will also contact Tredit.

jimtoo

Sorry you had a problem. Contact Tredit Tire (800) 537-2925, by phone first, I think Heartland will just tell you to contact Tredit. Take pictures and save the old tire and tread, they will probably want the old one. They worked with me real good a few years back.

I don't think we need any more comments about this until after you contact Tredit and let us know what they say.

Jim M

Appleguy

Thanks. We saved the tire and have taken lots of pics. Just finished repairing the wiring. Will need a new clearance light as the wires were ripped out of it.

Miltp920

Please share what they tell you. I have read that 5000 miles is the expected life of trailer tires. Wonder IF they will give you any $$$ with 5000 miles on them.

Thanks. We saved the tire and have taken lots of pics. Just finished repairing the wiring. Will need a new clearance light as the wires were ripped out of it.

MonsterRide

The same thing happened happened to us traveling from Phoenix to Newport Beach last Wednesday. We lost the left rear tire traveling on the I10 going no faster than 60 mph. My Cyclone is less than a year old. It did some damage to panel and fender. Fortunately we were able to get the tire fixed in Palm Springs and be on our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

caissiel

We do 10k miles per year and the Chinese Freestar tires still look like new after 5 years. No way I would accept having to spend $1000 per year on tires.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

wdk450

I was looking at Jim B's Rally posting on the 17.5 inch Tires and wheels special in conjunction with the Heartland National Rally. This flyer said $50 off, but didn't say the outright prices. I was curious, so I did a cut and paste, did a websearch on the tires and wheels, and got a price of $750 a wheel. At that price, I wouldn't be surprised to see some rigs up on blocks and all of the tires/wheels gone.

Appleguy

Still in Spokane. Waiting for Geo Stars to be delivered to Les Schwab. Tredit Tire says I have to deal with the manufacturer which is TBC. Phone number is 800 739-7696. replaced clearance light and wiring has been soldered. further inspection reveals that I lost a fender support and a sheet metal piece that keeps road debris off of the steps. Dealer claims those parts can be ordered. May also need new fender skirt as screws pulled through plastic.