Tire Pressures

bigdob24

Was wondering what you all think about running a little light on tire air pressure ?
Seems the dealer inflated the tires about 10 psi Less than the door sticker on my Ford 350 Dully.
Just curious as to what everyone else runs loaded, 100% what the sticker says or a little less ?

ILH

Running light can cause your tires to run hotter and reduce mpg. Its not something I would recommend.

123camper

I think the dealers put less air in the tires to give you a smoother ride during your test drive. I found all 4 of my tires were 20 lbs light. I think that since all four were low it had to of been done for a reason. Adding 20 lbs made a big difference in the ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Manzan

I had my trailer and Suburban weighed at Gillet then checked the tire manufacturer's inflation table. Sticker calls for 50# front and 80# rear. According to the table I could lower the pressure quite a bit. Looked at what was recommended then added about 20%. That gave me 45# front and 65# rear. Softer ride, especially without the trailer, and still getting the same mileage. Too soon to notice wear patterns but have traveled about 15,000 miles with trailer this way. Can't tell about temp changes, don't have TMPS on the Suburban but check temp by hand at every stop. Usually feel the as the trailer tires. No change in handling at all.
Bruce