Landmark with Progressive PD9280 Power Converter multiple failures

I have a 2013 Landmark Key Largo Fifth Wheel with a Progressive PD9280 Power Converter. Last year I started having problems with it charging my battery and powering the 12v circuits. Heartland replaced the unit under warranty. This spring I started having the same problem intermittently and now it is failing solid. I did some troubleshooting by disconnecting the 12 V output wires and measuring the output voltage which was only 8 volts. I checked the voltage at the AC outlet the converter is plugged into and it measures 114 Volts AC. I also check the 3 30 Amp fuses and they were all good. It seems really odd that this almost new converter would fail and that I had two units fail. Any ideas on anything else I should be checking? What might cause an 8 volt output with no load? Could any improper load in the Fifth Wheel be causing multiple failures in the power converter. I am concerned that if I get Heartland to replace it again I will just have the same problem again. Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

wdk450

Dave:
When my PD9260 got water soaked, as a retired electronics technician I tried to open it up and see if i could do a component level repair. Progressive has sealed the metal box up with rivets and such to discourage any such non-factory repair.
Talk to Progressive, and see if they will give you a no cost warranty exchange. Otherwise, I think I have heard that units out of warranty are exchanged for about $100. Since this is essentially a switched mode power supply, the most common culprit is the output switching transistors.