More solid support for the Shower floor.

hankie419

Hi,
We have a 2013 North Trail Caliber Edition 21 FBS. The floor of the shower around the drain has no support! As a result, the drain pipe where it attaches to the drain broke and caused leaking.
I feel that this design could be greatly improved. I've braced the floor as good as I can, but there is still some flexing of the floor if you step around the drain.

d_fergie

Hi,
We have a 2013 North Trail Caliber Edition 21 FBS. The floor of the shower around the drain has no support! As a result, the drain pipe where it attaches to the drain broke and caused leaking.
I feel that this design could be greatly improved. I've braced the floor as good as I can, but there is still some flexing of the floor if you step around the drain.
I've notice the flexing also with my 22FBS ..

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Unfortunately, this was a complaint I had on my 2008 21FBS. Did not break, but in the 1year warranty period, I had the dealer add some support. (They used some 2x4s, I think.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbopp

I removed the access plate under the shower door and added additional 2X4 and shim stock bracing near the drain.

Saildogs

Our shower drain broke last summer the first day of our vacation trip. Fortunately there was a mobile repair service to fix the drain and then we added support with two by fours. The repairman told us this is a common problem with many brands of campers.

Shaul

Mine broke also

I have a NT24-RBS. I put 2x4 supports in last year. This year the drain broke. I analysed the problem and found the pipes did not line up. Repaired the break and installed a flexible coupling. Much better and no flexing of the pipes or shower tub.

Ron

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Hi,

We have the corner shower in our 2013 Trail Runner and have the same issue.

I tried to get it fixed under warranty, but both my dealership and Heartland refused to fix it and said this was "normal".

Ours has not broken or leaked yet and have been investigating the 2x4 thing as well.

chiefaret

It is a terrible design, each time I shower in my NT Caliber, I feel as though I am going to break the shower floor. I am going to look into the 2x4 bracing and see if I can get enough in there to make it more solid. Good thread, helpful.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
I have a 2012 21FBS...have not experienced this problem thus far. I have not removed the access panel to check under the shower, but no excessive flexing.
Only plumbing problem has been a slight leak under bathroom sink. The pex pipes are starting to leak just a little where they come to a T. The clamps were installed with the crimper ring on the bottom facing the floor, so I can't get a tool to them. Eventually I will cut the pex connections off and replace with brass fittings that have the jaw type push on connections. It only leaks under city water pressure. Yes I have a pressure regulator on the outside supply hose. The pex pipes are cut so short and tight, I cannot even get a screwdriver between the floor and the pipes to lift them up.

jnbhobe

Yes all 1/2 inch and changed most connections to brass. I bought a pex tool at Lowes they are small and ratchet.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
If I use the slip on jaw type brass connections, I would think the Pex tool is not required...correct?