Bighorn 3055 front compartment

Dale Smith

With my 2008 Bighorn tucked away at indoor storage for the winter, I am wondering if someone could give me a measurement.

I am looking for the lower tray portion of the front compartment, specifically the front to back depth.
I want to start to fabricate a battery compartment to fit in the depth and as wide as the set of batteries I end up selecting.
I am looking to add solar and probably 4-6 T-105 batteries. I am watching the battery discussion on another thread and find it interesting as I move towards a decision.

With this measurement I will be able to have a start on the box during our cold winter months. I envy all of you posting from warmer climates!

Thanks for the help.

Dale

DennisZ

Dale
What year 3055, it makes a difference, the drop frame or old style?? If its the old non-drop frame, I'll measure mine tomorrow.

Dennis

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Dale
What year 3055, it makes a difference, the drop frame or old style?? If its the old non-drop frame, I'll measure mine tomorrow.

Dennis

Dennis he has a '08 so ours are different.. not even sure if the '09 is the same but would think maybe , kinda , sorta. Anyone out there with '08 Bighorn:confused:......Ken

Dale,

These measurements are from my '08 Model 3055RL. Since you are in Canada, I included the measurements in metric.

Side to side - greatest distance without obstructions 66" (167 cm)
narrowest point because of landing gear
in the front and a large bundle of wires
at the back on the battery side 58" (147 cm)
Depth - inside of front wall to back wall 24 3/4" (63 cm)

Hope that helps, if I missed anything just ask. The trailer is sitting next to my garage.

Jim

Dale Smith

Thanks for the answer...

Thank's Jim. Yes it is the 2008 drop frame and those are the measurements I was looking for, especially the one giving the depth.
Now I can start to fabricate a battery box in preparation to adding a bank of batteries and some solar panels.
With my trailer a 1/2 hour away in storage and I can't even get the front door open anyway, as the trailers are shoe - horned into the building.

Much appreciated,

Dale