Maryland RV Dealers Show (February 15-16-17 & 22-23-24, 2008)

truknutt

Committed Member
The Maryland Recreational Vehicle Dealer's Association is holding their Spring Show at the Timonium Maryland Fairgrounds again this year.

It looks like Leo's Vacation Center will have these Heartland lines there - Big Horn, Big Country, Cyclone & Sundance if anyone wishes to see one in person.

IMO this is a small show but it happens to be the where I first laid eyes on the Cyclone so I guess there's something to be said for the "small" shows.

P.S. They also have a Fall show but it is the exact weekend of the Hershey, PA extravaganza!

aquiring signal

I was at that show last year. Several months later we bought our Bighorn from Leo's. Good people to deal with overall, but they only put 80psi in my G rated tires. Maybe they don't sell many towables with the 7000lbs axles (or G load range tires), but they sell a lot of big class A motor homes, so you'd think they know better....

jpmorgan37

Jon;

That's a good point about the tires. Most of the tires going to Heartland are mounted and come with somewhere around 70 psi in them. This is something that everyone should check at PDI to make sure that the pressure is correct for the tires and rims on their coach.

John

truknutt

Committed Member
I wasn't going to attend but....

Hey Folks,

I wasn't going to attend but decided that since it was such a nice day for a ride that I would head over to Timonium, MD and check out the show. Glad I did; I've never seen that many Heartlands in one place before! Leo's Vacation Center out of Gambrills, MD had 10 units there by my count.

North Trail: '09 21FBS, '08 31BHD, '08 31RED, & '08 28OBH Funhauler
Sundance: '08 3012RE
Big Country: '09 3250TS & '08 3490RB
Bighorn: '09 3670RL & '08 3055RL
Cyclone: '08 3912

The factory was represented by Kary Katzenberger (Sundance Line). I was able to have a nice conversation with him before the crowds hit. We chatted about my recent acquisition and how I came to purchase the 3210LE. When I asked him why the dealer network in the East was so sparse, he explained that that for some unexplainable reason the dealers here are very "brand loyal" which makes getting a new product introduced that much harder. "Bluegrassman", you'll be interested to know that we have a new Heartland dealer in Falling Waters, WV now (Outdoor Express RV).

As I walked through the different models I found myself thinking about the Forum's postings. A couple of times I caught myself thinking "Oh, that's what they were referring to." or "So, that's what he meant." I was so wrapped up in the Cyclone models that I wasn't seeing the whole enchilada, so to speak! Now when I read future postings I'll be able to understand what is being asked and/or said. Cool experience.

The show continues tomorrow, the 17th and next weekend, 22, 23, & 24 FEB if anyone in the area wants to see a wide selection of Heartlands.

Have a safe weekend,

Dave the "Truknutt" ;)

jeff

truknutt,

You are right about that Timonium RV show. My wife and I attended because we are downsizing from a 30' bunkhouse (the now teenage kids do not come camping anymore).

We are now the proud owners of the 21FBS you saw at the show. Leo's had a great price on that baby the last Sunday of the show and we could not pass it up.

We pick it up next Monday and can not wait to use it. I'm glad to see a forum like this and will use it often.

Jeff

truknutt

Committed Member
Congratulations Jeff (& Mrs. Jeff, too),

Did you enjoy the show? I went early enough to beat the crowds; some of those aisles are impossible to get through when the baby strollers and such are there.

Have you ever ventured to Leo's lot(s)? The office/parts dept. appears to be in a converted farm house with rigs parked everywhere. I had expected a high class, fancy place for being in that neck of the woods. I really need to quit having these types of predispositions.

Hope your PDI goes as well as ours did.

Dave

jeff

Dave,

Yea, you're right about the tight spaces at the show, but we enjoyed it anyway. It's fun to look at the RVs that are way out of our reach and dream about what it would be like to own one.

I have been to Leo's many times for parts and supplies. There's no doubt that it is a quaint little place and the people there are always nice and friendly. We look forward to taking delivery of our new trailer.

By the way, you have a very nice retirement present there. I ride a 1988 Yamaha Venture Royale. My father has a 1987 model of the same bike and we ride as often as possible. Mostly on Saturdays up through Pennsylvania or wherever the road leads.

Jeff