1st trip many problems

rjf199

Just got home from an enjoyable 1st trip to visit my in-laws in Texas, happy to see them but not happy with my 3650BH. Main problem is the storage compartment got flooded from main bath leak and outdoor shower leak. Kitchen slide also had problem in that it was not properly rewired after problem with bad inverter that was not recognized and then all wiring to fridge was pulled out for inspection long story I know. I now have to bring unit back to dealer (Dixie Rv in Hammond LA) another 3 hours after a 10 hour drive home so hopefully my storage won"t start to rot. After a prolonged delivery I'm frustrated with my 1st trip. This is my 1st what I would consider luxury RV maybe I should have stuck to the base models. Oh yea most of my keys won't work!

Majestic

Rjf199
Sorry to hear about your leaks, seams to be the standard in new RVs, not much plastic.

As per many of the threads here, you will see that you need to inspect all the connections in your unit on a regular basis. The movement traveling backs off the nuts on the connectors for the first few trips. Our unit is only 2 months old, 5 major leaks, insulation replaced 3 times and we never leave the pump on unless we need water, we never leave the unit with the city water valve on, Still to many minor leaks but getting much better.

Live will get better, just need to be a handyman and inspect your unit on a ongoing basis.

shurack24

As for your keys not working, we had the same issue with our Gateway. I suspect the cause was sitting idle for several months and some corrosion building up. I used some dry graphite; a little on the key itself, and a little puff in the lock. Work the key around a little to free up the lock and lubricate the tumblers. Worked like a charm. Sadly, far batter than my dealer would have done I'm sure.

swiftk77

We also had a bad shower drain that caused the carpet in the master bedroom to get all wet last weekend. We are camping again this weekend, so I will be rebuilding the shower drain trap this afternoon. I also had a leak with the outdoor shower, but the hose just wasn't tied all the way, so an easy fix. Overall I am still happy with the quality and know that we will have years of enjoyment once we get through these issues.

Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olcoon

Don't lose faith, we had several minor issues with our Elk Ridge in the first year we had it, and once we got them taken care of it's pretty much been smooth sailing. There have been some minor issues pop up from time to time, but that's to be expected pulling our "house" along some of the roads we've been on!

donr827

I think that the problem with the loose fittings from the factory MIGHT be that they do not always tighten the fitting really snug, They are fine at first but after miles down a road they back off enough to cause a small leak. The mechanic who did my PDI at my dealer told me that they check all the fittings that they can get to and always find a few that need maybe a little tightening. JMO.....Don