Disappointed with my 405 RW

RandyS

I have a 2011 405v Road Warrior and have already had to replace the convertor and the transfer switch. I understand things fail and wear out but this trailer has very little use, 11.5 hours on the generator and understand I only dry camp. One group 27 battery is ridicules as you can't get through the night
with the furnace on.
While replacing the failed electrical parts I exposed poor craftsmanship as wires were not secured properly and in some cases not secured at all. I have an interior panel that has released from the inside structure and has bowed out away from the wall.

I would like to add that though I'm very displeased with the trailer in general customer service at Heartland have been very good to work with and helpful with info where to find replacement parts.

My wife and I plan to retire in three years and had hoped to travel the country in our Road Warrior but its not going to happen. within two months I will change brands and plan to research most brands as I've learned what I don't want in a RV

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I wish you luck in finding a RV that wont have any problems. They are a rolling earthquake and all the sub-assemblies that HL uses are the same in all other RV's.

Keep in touch and let us know how your new coach works out.

danemayer

Are you posting about a 2011 or is that a typo? How long have you had it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DocFather

I have ******* and moaned about the workmanship and quality control in my experience in the last 11 months with my 4100. Bottom line is that Heartland took care of all the problems with no fuss and I really like my camper, in spite of myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remeron

Hi Randy,

I am new Heartland owner and one thing I would encourage is for you to call Heartland. Have them link you directly with your regional sales/marketing representative. We were very impressed when we had questions during the pre and post purchase of our unit. The rep gave us a personal call to inquire about our problems and actually presented quite patient and spent about 2 hours explaining and trouble shooting on his off work hour over the phone. He also was willing to help put together a hybrid Road Warrior model with some custom factory items from the Big Horn lineup.
He also gave us his work cellular number and encouraged us to freely and directly call him if there was any future problems. Heartland and their reps have a tremendous amount of pride of their workmanship and quality of their units. You'll be surprised how much they can help in resolving quality issues.